Chapter Thirteen: Each Other

I wanted to update before I went to bed so here. it. is!!!! :o

_______________________________________________________________________________

So Ethan and I made up a plan as we sat in his bedroom while Avory was asleep. Actually, Ethan did most of the thinking, I didn’t say a word. He said that he will drive me to and from work until he can get me a new car (which I was still refusing). We were going to sell my car that I have now because Brian obviously knows what it looks like and he followed me once, I’m pretty sure he’d follow me again. And I was never, under no circumstance, to talk to Brian. Those were Ethan’s exact words. If it ever so happens that I have a class with him, do not sit by him. If I have to be his partner for something, tell your teacher you can’t be his partner because I had a restraining order against him or something (which I still don’t understand how that’ll work). I mean, I was sitting on the bed and Ethan was telling me all these things like “Don’t do this and don’t do that.” I was beginning to feel like a little girl getting a lecture from her dad. And I told him that. “Look, I don’t know what he could do to you so I’m just making sure- ”

“That was definitely something you should say, Ethan,” I rolled my eyes but I didn’t burst into tears or anything because I knew that no one knew what Brian was capable of. It was the scariest thought in my life but this required me being calm if we want to get Brian out of the way. “Why don’t we jus tell the police or something?”

He looked at me. “About that. I know a guy who knows exactly how Brian is and he’s a cop. I asked him to watch you whenever your alone so if you just so happen to see a white Toyota Prius following you, there’s nothing to worry about.”

“And when did you do this,” I asked.

“When I was putting Avory back to sleep but back to the plan! It’s not even five yet so I went to head over to your house and move some of your clothes and stuff over here. Just so you know, you’re never going back to that house without me or David, okay?”

“Who’s David?”

“The cop I was talking about,” he sighed. “And do not call the police unless it’s absolutely necessary. We don’t want to get the police involved if they can’t pin something on him because then he’s going to get even worse. Believe me, we tried.” I nodded. “If it’s not serious, like you see him hanging around you’re group or something, call me, okay?” I nodded again. “Okay, I think that’s it. Have anything to add?”

“I don’t think so,” I shook my head. He hit all the main points and there was really no way I could picture Brian getting to me at this point. “Oh wait! What about Avory!”

“Oh yes, Avory. Detective Hanson will come here every morning to watch him. I gave him permission to shoot Brian if it were necessary.” I didn’t even want to know how he knew all of these cops. Either way, Avory and I were under high security while we had Ethan on stand-by. Trust me, if Ethan really wanted to, he could (excuse my French) fuck someone up. Brian’s a big guy but the bigger they are, the harder they fall and my money will always be on Ethan. “See? I got this. I’m the man of the house, I’m supposed to handle things like this.” Well, sorry, but I never thought you’d have to protect me from your own cousin, is what I wanted to say. Look, Brian is smart. He might have been a complete psycho but he was a smart one. If Ethan hadn’t of known how Brian felt about me, he would have never known otherwise because Brian knows how to cover it up. He’s good at lying (not to Ethan though) and he can make others think we’re just friends when he thinks we’re supposed to be something more. It’s complicated but, in his head, it all made sense.

So we did just what Ethan said: we went to go get a few things. Detective Hanson, somehow, came right on cue with a handgun and everything saying, “Everything will be under control.” I took this as he wasn’t going to have to use his gun but, if he did, he better be experienced enough to shoot the person he aimed. I definitely didn’t want any accidents when my son was around. But, even though I wanted to tell Detective Hanson this, Ethan said we were working on a timed schedule because Brian repeats himself. He was going to stop by my house again except Ethan was sure it wasn’t going to be now, it was going to be when he was sure I should be home… which was creepy.