Chapter 26: Six Degrees of Separation

"Are you sure you're okay, Perrie?" Jade asks one more time once she shut the door.

They're currently in the car, about to head their way to Newcastle for their next venue.

After that little incident in the room, Perrie decided to keep quiet about everything. On the plus side, at least she didn't have to use her voice for a while. At least she'd use all her energy later on.

She remembers that Jade just asked her a question, so she bends to see her friend and nods. Jesy was in the middle of her and Jade, doing something on her cellphone, while Leigh-Anne was at the last row beside Perrie.

They're going to Newcastle. Newcastle's City Hall. Newcastle. Her and Jade's hometown.

She feels so proud just thinking of performing for her hometown. She could already feel the excitement running through her veins.

Perrie sighed as she feels the car move. Here they go.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 "Can't this car have music in it? It's too quiet and I can't take it anymore!" Niall complains from the passenger seat as he bends down on the car's radio, turning it on and pressing a few buttons.

Right now, all of them have decided to go somewhere just to hang out and forget everything, even if it was just for a day. Zayn had no choice but to join them, mainly because Louis and Niall have been pushing him to do so. And Niall's used the Eyes on him. No one can ever resist the Eyes.

But first, they had to go to McDonald's for lunch. They weren't able to eat a while ago, so it was a must that they have their bellies filled before going somewhere, Niall said.

And so, he finds himself on the left side of the car, with Louis in the middle and Harry beside him, talking about something Zayn doesn't really care.

He's just looking out the window in a daze. Just thinking. Or probably just staring out the window because he wants to.

"Ah, here's a song! I love this!" Niall says, adjusting the speaker so the car is now filled with guitar strums.

Zayn knows that song, he knows he's heard it somewhere before. But he can't place a finger on it. It's at the tip of his tongue...

You've read the books
You've watched the shows
What's the best way, no one knows...

Oh, yeah. That song. The Script, right? Zayn's forgotten about the title, but the song was very meaningful and all that.

Meditate, yeah, hypnotized
Anything to take from your mind but it won't go
You're only doing things out of separation
Woah, you're going through six degrees of separation

Oh, now he knows the title. Six Degrees of Separation. He smiled when he hears Niall singing along with it

You hit the drink, yeah
Take a toke
Watch the past go up in smoke

The smile on his face slowly disappears. He remembered the first time he smoked during his and Perrie's fight, and he remembered that time where Perrie was whining at him to stop smoking. He still remembers the way Perrie's face looked sad and serious when she said she didn't want him to get an illness because of smoking. He remembered how beautiful she was when her face lit up when he assured her that he was okay and that he promised that he wouldn't smoke that much.

Fake a smile, yeah
Lie and say
You're better now than ever and your life's okay when it's not, woah

"Are you okay, Zayn?" his bandmates' words flashed through his mind. Zayn takes a look at his injured wrist.