Chapter 8: Don't Pity

OMG hi guys! I missed you all soooooooo much!!!!! I'm so sorry for not updating for so long! I'll be honest with you, there's nothing going on outside my Wattpad life. No school 'coz it's summer over here and it's SO FUCKING HOT I may add. I actually got a bit ill last Wednesday and almost ended up emptying the contents on my stomach. Anyway, enough of my rambling, I'll continue at the end of Chapter 8!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The very first thing that Zayn cursed about when he opened his eyes were the lights blinding him. Fuck, he forgot to ask Harry to close the curtains before he went to bed. With the sun practically watching him through the windowpane, he knew it was noon already.

He rubs his eyes as he groggily rises up from bed to make his way outside. He then sees his body-length mirror near him. God, he was a mess. His hair looked like a cat and dog used it as some arena, the sides of his face which used to be covered with a thin line of stubble grew longer, adding up to his 'Bad Boy' image, his lips were dry as a desert, and his clothes were all wrinkled and messy.

Should he fix himself, like, change into a neat and clean pair? Nah, too lazy and too uninspired. What's the point of dressing up if he isn't going to see her or hear her call and say, "I love you, Zaynie! See ya later!"?

The raven-haired sighs as he exits the room and trudges downstairs. He sees the rest of the lads on the table, eating without a word. Zayn raises a brow at this but quickly shrugs it off before anyone else can see it.

"Afternoon, Zayn!" Harry grinned in an attempt to lighten up the mood. The raven-haired smiles weakly in reply. Niall and Liam smiled and greeted him. All the Muslim did was to greet them a weak, "Afternoon" as he sat beside Louis. The said brunette smiled at him weakly, as if he too was in a bad place in his relationship with Eleanor.

As the others continued eating, Harry spoke up. "Oh yeah. I'm so sorry for leaving you, Zayn. I had to...umm..." the curly brunette trails off, images of a while ago replaying in his brain. Harry wasn't sure if it was just him or if it was real when he saw Louis' shoulders tense.

"He had to cook breakfast," Niall finished with a cold expression. "You should've been there, Zayn. The pancakes were delicious," he looks at the Muslim with a smile that didn't reach his eyes. Zayn merely nods in understanding as he played with his food.

Louis was obviously the first to finish. He stands up in a rather rushed way, Zayn noticed, as the brunette places his dish on the sink. The blue-eyed member quickly dashes upstairs to his room, closing the door gently this time.

"Fucking coward. Such a fucking coward," Niall hissed. Harry and Liam looked at the blonde wearily, obviously aware of what he just said and whom it was for.

"What?" the Irish queries in mock innocence when he sees them staring at him.

"Not around Zayn, please. He doesn't need to know," Harry murmurs, not wanting the raven-haired to know about it right now. He's too heartbroken and they can't just bring more bad news about the band members.

All the Irish did was shrug while he ate his scrambled egg with no hint of delight in his eyes.

As Harry took a look at Zayn to make sure he didn't hear anything, he was merely staring at it, as if he was thinking if the food would actually soothe the pain in his heart, and then eating a portion of his bacon, looking back at Harry with no emotion in his hazelnut eyes.

"So anyway," Niall changes the subject, "Had a good nap, yeah, Zayn?" the Irish questions, his baby blue eyes observing the Muslim's every move. The raven-haired chuckled weakly, to everyone's surprise.