The smell of the streets, the sound of the music that never stopped playing and the crowd of people made me feel nostalgic. New Orleans for me meant Kol. But now, that all changed, it means hope for getting Kai back. This powerful Harvest girl could be the hope and answer I was waiting for.

    After asking a few strangers directions to St. Anne's church, I was finally here. It was known as the heart of the French Quarter, yet I have never been here before. I entered the candlelit church, it was cold and empty. I thought it would be filled with people since it was the heart of the French Quarter.

    My shoes tapped against the cement floors, the deeper I went, the more I heard faint voices talking. It sounded like it was coming from upstairs. I found the nearest stairs and continued to follow the voices. It was a girl and a boy talking. When I finally reached the door, I knocked, and the voices dissipated. A few moments later, the sound of footsteps neared the wooden door.

    A brown haired girl walked out in a hurry, looking distraught. Her hair covered the side of her face, I couldn't even see who she was. I stepped aside as she rushed down the stairs, disappearing into the darkness.

    Could she be Davina Claire?

    I didn't have time to ask. Instead, I turned back to see a guy standing in the doorway. He was shirtless and his athletic built body towered over me. His blue eyes were wide open, staring at me in disbelief.

    "Do you know Davina Claire?" I asked, staring right back at his eyes. His dark brown eyebrows knit together, eyes squinting, I wanted to know what this very confused guy was thinking.

    "I-uhh," he stuttered. He had a strong British accent. He ran his hand through his brown curly hair. "Sorry, I didn't catch your name?"

    I mentally laughed at myself. "Sorry, I forgot to introduce myself," I said. I held my hand out, "my name's Isadora."

    He didn't blink, he just stared at my face. When he finally did, his eyes became watery. The guy rubbed his fingers on his temple, he looked at my face and then my hands. He took my hands in his and slowly shook it.

    "Kaleb Westphall," he answered in a soft whisper before letting go of my hand. "It's a pleasure meeting you Isadora."

    "Was the girl running off Davina Claire?" I asked again. She was probably his girlfriend or maybe his wife, that is my guess since Kaleb was shirtless.

    "Yeah," he leaned against the doorway.

    "Oh God," I whispered to myself. I can not believe I let my only chance of getting Kai back walk in front of me and leave.

    "Is everything okay?" He asked, his eyes were sincerely filled with concern.

    "I just need to talk to Davina, I desperately need her help," I explained. "Can I leave you my number to give to her?"

    He nodded. "Well, where do you live? I can- we can come to you."

    I laughed, "I wish, I live in Mystic Falls, I'm not sure if you have heard of it before. It is very far from here, I do not want to cause any trouble."

    He bit his lip, "yeah I know. I've driven from New Orleans to Mystic Falls a couple of times."

    I took the slip of paper that had my number already written on it out of my bag and handed it to Kaleb. Our fingers momentarily touching.

    "Please call as soon as you can, it really is an emergency." I looked him in the eyes in hopes that he will see the desperation.

    I saw his eyes looking down at the jewelry around my neck. The golden heart and the silver sun.

    I took the two necklaces and rubbed the pendants between my thumb and index finger. "It's beautiful isn't it?" I said.

    "Yeah," his voice cracked. "Who gave it to you?"

    "An old lover," I answered trying my best not to cry.

    "What happened if you don't mind me asking?"

    "I do not really want to talk about it, it is a fresh wound that needs a lot of time to heal."

    He took a step forward, his eyes were watery and red again, "did he hurt you?"

    "More than he will ever know," I breathed out slowly. Trying to call down the loud thumping of my heart, it felt like it was being crushed. "Anyways, I need to go. It was nice meeting you, Kaleb."

    He took my hand and kissed it, "goodbye Isadora."

a/n Okay if you've already seen the Originals, you kinda know what's going on. But for those of you who haven't, you're in for a surprise! Anyways, please continue to vote and comment. What do you think Kaleb's role is in Isadora's plan?

 What do you think Kaleb's role is in Isadora's plan?

Daniel Sharman as Kaleb Westphall