23| Secrets

"Alice Claire

"Alice Claire. Alice Claire." Damon repeated. "I knew a Claire once, she was a feisty one. We met in Canada 1987, she was a mortal though."

"We're asking if you know a Claire who was actually a witch, a banshee or something supernatural," I said.

Stefan couldn't quite think of the name, but he knew that Alice's surname was very familiar. He said he was positive he met or at least heard of a Claire once. But he does not know where and he doesn't remember her first name.

"You're wasting your time, this Alice girl is just a mortal," Damon said. "Or she could be the Alice from that story with the rabbit and the hole."

"You mean Alice in Wonderland?"

"I'm pretty sure it was called Alice in the rabbit hole," Damon scrunched his eyebrows and looked up as if he were in deep thought.

"Just find out background information, something that can jog my memory," Stefan said to me.

It was the last period of the day before I would go home. So far, Alice has avoided me all day. She switched spots in English class and I did not see her at lunch. When I tried talking to her in gym, she said she was too concentrated on kicking a soccer ball. Her actions just raised more suspicions about her character, which makes me want to interrogate her even more.

But instead of thinking of a way to talk to her without Alice rejecting me, I was daydreaming in history about Kai. How we could go out on dates to a park or a restaurant when he would come back. How we could hold hands while walking down the street of Mystic Falls. We could both live a normal life once he got out. He could forget about his horrible past and I could too. We could help each other forget and make better memories.

The thing is, my brothers and their friends will not approve. During the summer I met all of their friends; Elena Gilbert, Caroline Forbes, Matthew Donovan, Tyler Lockwood, Liz Forbes, Jeremy Gilbert and Alaric Saltzman. For the short time I've known all of them, I know for a fact that they will not approve of me dating a psychopath who killed their loved ones, no one would. The only person that knows a sliver of my feelings for Kai was Damon, and he has not said a word about it so far. I don't think he will.