16| Mending The Broken Heart

I stood outside of Stefan's balcony, still thinking about the revelations I learned about Kol's life

    I stood outside of Stefan's balcony, still thinking about the revelations I learned about Kol's life. His whole existence was based on that one fact, that he was one of the first immortal vampires created. He probably thought he would never have to tell me because when I grew old and withered away, while he would still be young forever. Not all vampires last forever, but there's a big guarantee he will since there's only one weapon to kill the Originals.

    Whenever I was sad and felt alone back in the 1867 prison world, I would relive my memories with Kol. I would think about the words he said, his smile, and his mischievous grin. I would think about Kol Mikaelson, and it would comfort me. It would make me feel at home. He gave me strength, and I used his love so I could last another day.

    But now, when I hear the name Kol Mikaelson, hatred fills my heart. My blood boils, I become so enraged to the point that I would throw furniture at the wall. It's crazy how someone can go from making you feel so loved and safe, to making you feel hate and betrayal.

    When I leave this place, I will find Kol, and I will drive that white oak stake through his heart as he begs for forgiveness. Then, when he takes his last breath, and his body goes up in flames, only then will I tell him I do not forgive him. He will die, knowing the person he loves will hate him for eternity.

    I used to wish for Kol's arms around me. I used to wish to hear Kol's voice so he can comfort me. I no longer want him, and I feel so empty. Kol is all I have ever known. He's all I ever asked for at my times of need. Now, that he's the cause of my problems, I can no longer wish for his presence. That is my current epitome.

    That is why I feel so hollow inside; a big part of my life was ripped right out of my heart, and it didn't repair itself. There are no stitches to sew back what is broken. There is nothing to replace what is gone. For the person, I need to make myself feel better is the same person who is causing the unmistakable aching pain in my heart.

    All I want is my mother. I want to see her smile. I want to hear her voice reassuring me that everything will be okay; that everything will fall back in place. I want to hug her, and I want to tell her how much I miss and love her. I want my mother because I want to apologize for wishing to want Kol instead of her, she was worthy of my tears.

    The door of the bedroom swung open, the sound of heavy footsteps got louder by each second. "You haven't left your room for weeks now," Kai said, standing beside me. I was watching a bird feed the baby birds worms in the nest on the tree. The baby birds would be hopeless without their mom.

    "I know."

    "Aren't you going to come down for once?" He asked, leaning against the railing.

    "Aren't you supposed to be tied up?"

    "Your brother is kind enough to allow visiting hours," Kai said.