19| Reunion

I looked over at Damon with disgust, "how could you?"

    "Bonnie wasn't going to activate the ascendant unless she was guaranteed Kai wasn't coming. Do you see that he's not right for you?"

    I ran my hand through my tangled hair, "not right for me? He gave up his freedom for mine, so I could leave."

    "You've been there longer. He made the right decision."

    "I can't believe you would threaten to kill your own family!" I screamed. "I can't believe you killed father! It doesn't matter how much you hated him. You shouldn't have killed him. What makes you so different from Kai now?"

    "I didn't kill him. I wish I did, but I said that to prove that I was capable of hurting you. I wouldn't hurt you." Damon said.

    "Then who killed our father?" I asked curiously. 

    "Stefan," Damon muttered, looking at something from behind me.

    "Stefan killed him?" I asked, you never really know your family. Stefan was the last person I expected to kill him. Father was never horrible to Stefan like he was to Damon. I knew Stefan loved him despite his shortcomings.

    "He did, but-"

    "Brother," a voice from behind me said. Stefan then ran to Damon and pulled him into a hug. "How did you get out?" He pulled away from Damon.

    "Long story, but I brought you a souvenir." Damon smiled, looking at me.

    "Stefan," I cried. I could not stop the tears from flowing. I've imagined this day so many times. I never believed it would become a reality. My brothers are here with me after for so long.

    "Isadora?"

    I nodded my head as I ran into his outstretched arms. I wrapped my arms around him. I never wanted to let go. 

    "How are you alive? Where did you go? What happened?" Stefan asked as he grabbed me by the shoulders, examining me.

    "I still don't believe it, but it's really me," I said. Like Damon, he didn't age. He looked the same as the last time I saw him. His hair was shorter, and he wore different clothes, but when I looked into his eyes, I saw the same Stefan.

    "You have very good questions. We'll answer them over bourbon tomorrow. Right now I need to find Elena," Damon said. Back in the prison world, Damon never told me much about Elena, all I know is that he loves her very much. I wish I had a person who loved me as much as Damon loves Elena.

    "Maybe you should wait until tomorrow, we're finally together again," Stefan requested. I was glad Stefan did, I did not want Damon to leave so soon.

    "Please," I begged. "It is the first time in forever since the three of us are together."

    "Fine," Damon huffed.