4| Amore

I twirled my glass around as I sat on a bar stool in this place called the Mystic Grill

    I twirled my glass around as I sat on a bar stool in this place called the Mystic Grill. It has been a month since Kai spoke to me. I haven't seen him lurking around; the town was quiet. He probably left, he could be in Canada for all I know, I was alone again. Maybe I wanted to see him because he is the first human being I came in contact with since 1867.

    I drank my fifth glass of water. I never slipped into the habit of drinking alcohol. Being drunk alone was boring, I needed a friend, and Kai surely wasn't that.

    It was the Feast of Saint Valentine's. The last Valentine's Day I spent with someone I loved was back in 1866. I spent all the other Valentine's Day after that alone. Valentine's Day became a day where I mourned my loss. Damon and Stefan probably passed away in the 1880s, 1890s at the most. That's when I felt the most grief. It was the confirmation that I would truly be alone, not just in this prison world but outside of it. It was a scary thought.

    I continued to sulk until an arrow flew past by my head, hitting the shelf of alcohol bottles in front of me.

    "Happy Valentine's Day Isadora," Kai stood at the door with a bow and a bag of arrows slung behind his back.

    "You were gone for a month to become Cupid?" I asked.

    "You didn't think I would let you spend the day alone, did you?"

    "Actually, I would rather be alone with my memories than with you."

    "That isn't the way to talk to someone with a weapon in their hands," he sat on the stool next to me. "Is this water?" He chuckled, throwing the remainder of the water on the ground. Followed by shattering the glass on the wall, causing some of the bottles of alcohol to spill on the ground.

    "Can you please leave?"

    Okay, so all those bottles aren't filled with alcohol. I've been here for twenty years, and I consumed all of it, it's natural. Tell me, dear Isadora, what does it smell like?"

    "Gasoline," I sniffed the air. "It smells like gasoline," I answered, mortified.

    "I'm just glad you didn't drink any of it, that would have ruined my ingenious plan. You see, I filled all those bottles with gas because I had to travel far for gas, I used up all the gas in Mystic Falls. I didn't feel like going back and forth to the gas station."

    "Kai-"

    "Let me finish darling," he propped his chin up with his hands. "I'm sure a girl from the 1800s would know what this is," he said, holding up a lighter. "You're smart enough to know what happens when fire meets gas."

    "You wouldn't kill yourself just to kill me," I said.

    "My bad looks like I misjudged your intelligence," he grunted. "Now I have to explain it, which takes the suspense out of it, thanks a lot. Anyways, looks like you forgot I can't die here, and you can. So when I light this baby up, we'll both die, and the psychopath will be the only one resurrected. I hope you wanted to be cremated, or else this would be even sadder and awkward. Questions?"