Chapter 5

Jeff's POV

After a few hours I gave up looking. I decided to take the long way home to think things out.

Plus walking this way would take me by the clearing where there was a stream I could wash off in.

I walked through the dark woods stepping on branches and twigs snapping them, but I didn't care I was too deep in thought.

I soon heard rushing water and continued walking breaking more twigs as I went.

When I came into the clearing, I was shocked to see her there. Almost as shocked as she was to see me, but still looked relaxed at the same time.

Kinsley's POV

I stood my heart pounding in my chest. Nothing could have prepared me for what I did face though.

Jeff emerged out of the woods and looked at me and did a double take. I was just as shocked as he was but I still relaxed from my tense state and my heart slowed to a regular pace.

I sat back down on the tree stump with my back to him and looked back over the stream.

I felt his presence behind me and I scooted over enough so he could sit down as well.

He sat down in silence. "Why aren't you afraid of me?" His question caught me off guard but I answered it honestly.

"I'm not sure, but I feel safe with you, almost like I can trust you." I replied simply.

He nodded and it went back to being silent.

This time it was my turn to break it. "Why didn't you kill me when you had the chance?" I was looking at him by this point and he had raised his head enough to meet my eyes.

"I don't know, I guess it was something about what you said that night that made me stop." He said a bit confused himself.

He shifted slightly and accidentally elbowed my side.

I hissed in pain and he shot up off the stump knife in the air. I say there holding my side and trying to breathe to the best to my ability.

He realized nothing what was happening and knelt down beside me.

His hand came up and I flinched back. He saw this and lowered it but still remained crouched.

He lifted his hand slower now where I could see what was happening and lifted my shirt just enough to see the big purple, black and blue bruise where my ribs were.

I let it happen and when he let my shirt fall again I looked at his face.

Anger boiled in his eyes like I'd need seen before. "Who did this?" His voice was like ice and I flinched from it.

He noticed and softened it, but not much. "Who did this?" He asked again still angry.

"N- no one, I- I- fell down th- the stairs a- a- a couple of days a- ago." I stuttered badly.

He glared at me. "Tell me the truth." He said getting angrier.

I stood up and started to back away slowly. He was really scaring me now.

He caught on to what was happening and his face softened and he asked in a calmer voice. "What happened?"

I was about to open my mouth to say something, but I tripped over a rock and fell backwards.

I screamed as I heard another shattering crack.

I heard things being said but couldn't quite figure out what they were. My vision was blurry.

Soon I was lifted and the person started running. I heard more mumbling before I faded into a pit of darkness.

Hehehehe new chapter. New chapter out soon. Bye peasants (I call people that now get over it) love you