Chapter 1 Racing Home

Start from the beginning

I shake my head again as I feel a cold chill run down my spine, and it wasn't from the snow. "No I'm not going to take that risk, you know what would happen if I let my wolf take control now that we're being chased, what if my wolf slips up while I'm not in control then we both get torn apart...?" Sophie's Uncle then cuts me off.

"That's going to happen to you anyway if you don't rest. Come on buddy, your speeds dropping, your breathing so hard it sounds like your heart and lungs are going to explode at any second, you need to let your wolf take control, come on do it for Sophie" He yelps at me.

"Well, I..."I whimper as I trail off

"I'll be right behind you. Protecting your flank, trust me, Luka, they'll get to me long before they'll even have the chance to get to you" He adds.

I turn my head back around. "Fine I will rest, but just for a little while," I say with another huff, but just as I'm about to start letting my wolf take control Liam stops me.

"Luka. If something does go wrong and something does end up happening to me, don't turn around, don't stop, just keep on running, you hear me?" He asks as he drops back behind me.

"I hear you and I understand" I whimper.

I then take in a deep breath and start to visualize my human face changing into my wolf's, just like Sophie taught me to. As my inner wolf starts to bubble up from within me, my vision starts to go black, as me and my other human emotions start to go to the back of my mind I just have one thing going through my head at this moment, and I let my wolf take control with this one, simple command. "Go find Sophie," I tell him before my world goes into complete darkness, and after that all I feel is peace.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now Sophie

My heart aches as I stare out into the golden, orange sunset as I stand on the hill that looks out to the trail that leads to Bloodstone Canyon. My lips start to quiver as I then begin to break down and cry, this is the last place I saw Luka. This is the place where we said our final farewells to each other, I think to myself as my heartbeat starts to race inside my chest, Kind of like it did on the day my now ex-boyfriend Alpha Ace Summers decided to kidnap him. Without warning emotions start to come to the surface, after a few moments they become too much for me to take, with that and my wolf starting to stir inside of me I then let out a long, but low sounding howl. Then after a few long moments, I stop.

From the way I'm acting and from the way my wolf sounded a second ago I have learned something today, my wolf is depressed, and if she's depressed then so am I. So why am I depressed you may ask, a couple of reasons. Number one. Luka's gone, even though he's coming back in two months time I still feel like I should be there with him. Second of all. There's just so much going on in the pack right now, that I would rather have Luka by my side to comfort me rather than away from me, and lastly. The mark hasn't been completed yet. The night before Luka left for Alpha training we were going to mark each other but since his shoulder was still burned from the torture from Ace and I didn't want to put him through more pain then he was already in, so I just decided not to mark him, however Luka was able to mark me and thus it's driving my wolf insane.

I remember everything about Luka. I remember his smile, that big, friendly, charming smile that would light up whatever room he was in, and not to mention it was that smile that snuck its way into my heart. I remember Luka's dark brown hair that he had before Ace burned it off, what I liked about it was it was long enough that I could run my fingers through it when Luka use to have nightmares about his past, but yet it was also short enough to not be a problem for him on hot days. But the thing I remember most about Luka are his eyes. His eyes, those rich milk chocolate brown eyes that would make my mouth want to water and my heart want to melt. His eyes that when in wolf form would turn into a rich honey brown. I miss that, I miss him.