March 11 2016 (My Mothers Brother's Drunken Delusions)

I apologize for the absence. I was busy with school, ect. Ect, the usual biz with wattpad authors(it seems)

Jean's POV

Friday morning I woke up feeling pretty run down. My whole body felt sore and my head ached terribly; it felt like I was dealing with a hangover. The thing is, I don't drink so the presumption of me being drunk was out of the question.

I looked around to find myself in my room, the windows to the left were askew, letting a gentle breeze into my room and help clean the stuffed air. I yawned groggily as I rubbed one of my eyes and checked the time.

"T-Ten O'clock!?" I gasped as I threw the blankets off my body and ran out of my room and straight downstairs. When I reached the kitchen, my mom was sitting on the furthest side of the island, drinking her usual hazelnut coffee. Her eyes wandered over to me from her book The DaVinci Code. She was really into that whole mystery/scifi stories.

"Jeanbo?" She asked me. "What's wrong?"

I grabbed one box of cereal from the high shelf and dumped a handful into my mouth. With a full mouth, I answered her through thick muffles. "I have school!"

She looked at me questionably, setting her book aside and placing her cup on the granite. "Jean? Didn't you get the alert on your phone? Today is apparently a teacher's conference so they gave the day off to the students."

I stared at my mother. She stared back at me. I placed the box back down on the counter and slowly trudged back up the staircase. As I walked into my room, I could hear the sound of my mother laughing at me. I rolled my eyes and closed the door behind me. Just then, my phone started to ring. I picked up my phone and read over the text from my uncle.

Hey squirt, tell your mom I'm coming over.

My fists clenched as I replied back with a simple K. I didn't feel like informing my mom about his personal invitation, so I laid back on my bed and waited for his car to pull up.

A half an hour went by before there was the sound of the doorbell. I opened one eye and listened carefully to the sound of my mom pushing in her stool underneath the island and make her way to the door.

"Why hello Armin!" I heard her chime sweetly. I immediately pulled myself off the bed and aggressively forced the door open. Standing there, holding one of his favorite books, was Armin. He was having a conversation with my mom that he hadn't notice me standing at the top of the staircase.

"You're probably here for Jean, right?" My mom asked, earning a nod from Armin. Armin then looked toward the direction of the stairs and saw me. He smiled beautifully at me.

"Hi Jeanbo."

I chuckled and made my way down the stairs.

"Hi Arm-out." Yes, I came up with the ridiculous nickname. I needed something to call him, and I couldn't simply let him get away with mockery of my nickname. Armin scoffed teasingly and nudged me when given the opportunity.

We both decided to stay downstairs and talk with my mom a bit. I had forgotten that my uncle was coming, so when the doorbell chimed, I felt my chest suddenly tighten to constrict my limbs from functioning. Armin stood from his feet and opened the door for us. He actually seemed happy to do it, which was rather odd. The room reeked of alcohol again as the deadbeat of an uncle walked into the room. He smiled and put up a hand.

"Hi family." He greeted. My mom greeted back and I continued to stay silent. Armin took his seat back next to me. Minutes had grown lengthy, like each minute had turned into decades. I was bored, agitated, and feeling stuffed in a closet I had already escaped from. Only half an hour had gone by before my mom stood up and smacked a hand over her forehead.