February 15th, 2016

"So what you're telling me," Erwin started as he poured himself a cup of water in a clear glass. "That this was all a misunderstanding because you couldn't admit you made a mistake?"

Jean nodded uneasily, slightly stirring in his seat in front of Erwin. Erwin pushed the glass, after it had been poured, in front of Jean and Jean took it gratefully.

"Yes, but you've got it all wrong here. I'm going to tell you everything that happened; to what I did, what everyone around me did, how I felt... Everything."

Jean's POV

The next day during school, I avoided any contact with Armin and his friends, that being, including Mikasa. I was still conflicted with the accidental confession that had me wondering if there would ever be a cure. There was still the fact that Mikasa thought I had feelings for Armin. Don't get me wrong, I don't have anything against him in the first place. As a matter of fact, we are actually very close friends. I wouldn't say we are close enough to hang out out of school, but we do share a equal amount of respect and acknowledgement towards each other. Consider it like this, when I first met Eren Jaeger, Mikasa wasn't the only one there at the scene. After Mikasa had thrown me aside, I ran off rather upset and hid in one of the stalls in the boy's locker room. I cried for what seemed like forever, and I thought the sound of my tears would never fade off. I sat on the floor, my legs brought in close to my chest for comfort, and repeatedly pounded my head against my crossed arms. I wouldn't have stopped if it wasn't for the door oppening suddenly, and the sound of shoes tapping closer and closer to the front of my stall. The footsteps stopped, and when I peered up from the comfort of my arms, I saw a pair of feet standing before me just outside. I waited for a moment, hoping that whoever was outside was just a blinded fool by the fact someone had already occupied this particular stall.

There was a soft knock on the door, followed by the sweetest voice I think I would ever hear in my entire life.

"Are you alright in there?" He asked softly. There was a long drag that sounded like a hand being slid along the surface of the door and I took that moment to wipe away my tears and sniffle once more into the sleeve of my shirt.

"Go away." I responded back hastily. I pulled myself closer on the toilet seat and brought my legs off from the ground. For some odd reason, I thought that whoever was standing outside the door would be ever so creepy and peek under the small crack under the door. He didn't, however, and for the longest moment we stayed absolutely silent. The sound of the toilet next door flushed its water, but besides that, everything was absolutely dead silent.

"You know," He murmured, half under his breath as he attempted at another conversation with me. "If you're upset with what Eren said, you really shouldn't take it personally."

"So that's what that jerk's name is." I could only manage through gritted teeth as my anger started to rise and my face heated up with a sensational rage. The person whom that voice belonged to chuckled so softly, that if it wasn't silent, I might have missed it. I remained quiet, urging him to continue.

"You really are so dramatic." He chuckled out with a slight squeak in his voice. For some odd reason, I started to become very defensive over myself that I stood from the toilet and opened the door without precaution. I hadn't even realized that they boy was actually leaning against my door, that he fell onto the floor and hit his head so hard, the thump reverberated very loudly. I was delusional though, I didn't care at the time if he had broken his head. As long as I didn't see the blood, I only assumed everything was okay. He brought his upper body forward and rubbed the back of his head, close to his nape, and looked up at me with teary eyes. I was scowling back up at him and continued, snapping angrily.