March 1st, 2016

I hate when I have crushes on people... Because then I realize they're taken and that I'll never have a chance... Also I'm bad at social interaction.

....

This story makes me sad because it relates to me.

I also drew the funniest picture of Erwin dabbing and my friends and I couldn't help but laugh about how ridiculous a man without an arm looks dabbing. I'm a sin.

"Eren and I haven't really talked until this morning actually." Jean murmured, pursing his lips in deep thought and rubbing away just underneath his chin. With a draft and hefty sigh, he rubbed away at his eyes that had suddenly become drowsy.

"This story has been very interesting Jean," Erwin admitted. He had long finished his drinks and cookies by now. "But tell me about Armin. How did he find out? How did he take it?"

Jean took the moment to fish out from his jacket's pocket a crumpled letter that had stains of water marks and dirt. Jean stared down at the note for a second before slowly handing it over to Erwin, who already had extended his hand across the desk's surface. Curiously, Erwin flipped the note in all directions, as if this was the first time he had every encountered an envelope, and opened it with quick fingers. The note inside was untouched by water and only a few dents actually creased the parchment of paper. Erwin scanned the paper and murmured the words to himself. Jean rubbed at his fingers as he watched Erwin slowly finish reading.

"Why do you still have this?" Erwin asked, bursting out in a loud, hysterical laughter. He had to hold the bridge of his nose as his body shook with uncontrolled chuckles, voice breaking occasionally as he helplessly tried to continue. "If you really did care, why did you still have this?"

"It didn't occur to me, I guess." Jean stuttered, voice breaking as the tears started to force its way through. "N-never have I felt so guilty.... Never have I felt so much pain in my entire life."

Jean's POV

It was raining that one school morning, the mist of early mildew causing an eerie, yet almost beautiful, fog. By the time I had been dropped off at school, rain started to come down harder than before. I quickly stuffed my binder, with notes and other crap sticking out from the inside pockets, into my bag and ran off into one of the halls Armin was in. For the past week, we had been meeting here, just before the last classroom. It was our spot, and I loved it entirely.

An excitement and adoring nature overcame me the moment I pried the hallway door open and met gazes to Armin, smiling beautiful with his straight alignment of teeth flashing. I guess you could say I had taken it into my own account that Armin and I were officially dating. Before it was more one sided and a misunderstanding, but now I'm fully aware of my actions and had unconditionally devoted myself to just him and everything he brings along.

I dropped my bag beside him once I reached him and slid down onto the floor, crossing my legs soon after.

"Hey there." I greeted with a tone of sarcastic seduction. He rolled his eyes and met gazes with me.

"Hi there, dork." He replied back, a earnest and magnificent tone succumbing me. He leaned close to me and perched his head onto my shoulder. Our hands brushed past each other, and I took the moment to interlock our fingers and squeeze only for a second. When I looked over at him at a higher angle, his eyes were closed, eyelashes being the only thing I could see. He licked his lips absently and curled closer to me. I played with his bangs, watching as his nose scrunched only occasionally, and I softly pressed my lips against his bare forehead stripped from any hair. When I did this, he smiled and opened his eyes immediately.

"Why don't you kiss me properly?" He cooed teasingly, biting his lip hard and raising one eyebrow. I felt my face start to flush as I pulled myself closer and cupped his cheeks. My lips barely grazing past his, both our eyes fluttering closed under the midst of that magic poison, we both pulled away simultaneously when the bell sounded. Armin looked down for a second before looking back up at me. My face was already burning with lust so I stood and extended my hand for him to grab.

"Come on, we have to go to class." I murmured softly. He nodded quickly and collected all his belongings by stuffing them in his bag and stood, taking my hand for support. When he was on his feet, I promised a more romantic first kiss, in which he laughed to and nudged me softly.

When we walk outside, a sudden chilly breeze made us both shutter.

"Here," I said, placing my jacket around his shoulders. Armin looked at the jacket, then at me, and his eyes widen.

"No! You'll freeze!" He tried handing his jacket back, but I refused to take it. Instead, I draped an arm over his shoulder and ushered him along to his class.

"Trust me, I'll be taking it off. I get hot easily."

"I bet." Armin sneered teasingly in that mocking tone I had learned makes me feel incredibly good everywhere. I looked down at him to him smirking adorably. I couldn't resist, and I kissed his cheek quickly. He squealed quickly as my lips attached to his cheek, and afterwards he cupped that one cheek happily.

We finally arrived to his class. He opened the door to the class and before entering, looked back at me.

"Hey." He whispered softly, enough for my ears to hear. The hallways were mainly empty because class started in only a couple of minutes and most students were already inside. I leaned a little closer.

"What?" I whispered back in the same hushed tone. Armin's cheeked flushed a beautiful red.

"I love you." His voice was teasing, so I knew he was only joking. I chuckled and answered him back almost immediately.

"I love you too."

Then I left to my class, not actually aware that what he said, he meant.

Next chapter posted: (hopefully) tonight.

Be on the lookout for the next chapter(: chapters that are failed to be posted on updated schedule with result in me giving away a spoiler to the story.

The star button below is a nice way to show your liking of the story so far, and much is appreciated to me.

If you want to point something out, make a funny meme out of a particular part, want to just talk to me personally, leave a comment below. It's almost a guarantee I'll respond.

Thanks again for reading chapter 5!