March 7th, 2016

Picture above is mine. Please give credit!

I like my stories to be realistic

Jean's POV

After the barbecue and my whole family finally leaving past midnight, my mom allowed Armin to stay over for the night. That night we stayed awake and talked about stupid topics until Armin yawned and curled up beside me, head laying against my chest.

"I like the sound of your heartbeats." Armin uttered softly as he continued snugging his face close to my chest. I ran fingers through his hair, occasionally rubbing at his back. Silence came over the room as Armin fell asleep and I stayed awake, staring up at the ceiling and thinking how lucky I had turned out to be.

The next morning, I was the first to wake up. I yawned groggily with bags pulling at my already worn eyes and focused on the sleeping figure beside me. Armin was no longer laying on me, but he was still close enough to lay right beside my arm and hip. He took in a deep breath, still succumbed under deep slumber, and swallowed quietly that resulted in the sound of his tongue hitting the back of his throat. I chuckled and ran my hand through his hair, letting it fall on his face beautifully and contrast his chubby cheeks and blushing red nose. He stirred for a second before adjusting himself to face me. His eyes fluttered opened. It took him a moment to concentrate on me as he eyes wandered at his surroundings curiously.

"Good morning." I chimed softly as I cupped his cheek. Armin stretched his arms outward and cuddled back on top of me, smiling as he listened to the sound of my heart.

"Good morning, Jeanbo." He yawned out. That nickname stuck with him after yesterday, and for once I was actually okay with that. He opened his eyes again and smiled at me. He didn't notice a strand of hair stuck in his mouth in which I pulled out for him.

"Did you sleep good?"

"Mhm."

"Ready for school?"

"No." I chuckled as he groaned dramatically, flopping over to his side and bundling into the blankets. I gave him a moment before I pulled myself close to him, his back against my chest. His body was limp against mine. I pulled him even closer and moved hair from his temple, kissing it softly.

"Get up." I cooked softly, hoping to earn a simple response that lead to us going downstairs. Instead he groaned groggily that sounded like asking on the time. I checked my watch to see we had another hour to kill. Whoops.

"Go to sleep, Armin. We have an hour to kill."

Armin pulled his head up to glare at me intensely. I chuckled and caressed his cheek, earning his features to soften beautifully. Then we stayed like that, for seconds that passed to minutes, watching each other. Armin turned his body to face mine, a smile glistening his drowsy, tinted blue eyes.

"Can't we just ditch school?" Armin asked, almost begging. I thought about it but shook my head quickly without a second thought. My mom was one sneaky woman, she would easily find out, somewhere, if I ditched. I couldn't take the risk. Not again.

Armin then continued to pout, and time soon caught up with us. When there was only twenty minutes left to spare, I hopped out of bed with Armin doing the same on the adjacent side of the mattress. We both met glances with the bathroom, and the questioned came up.