Chapter III

Theodore

She's a ghost.

A nobody.

She walks the hallways in her warn out converse, moving out of the way of the other students as they laugh and make their way to class.

No one seems to notice her.

No one but me.

Okay Theo, you sound like a stalker, cut it out.

I stand leaning up against my locker pretending to be interested in what my friend is saying. When in reality, I an watching that mysterious girl from the dinner party walk to her next lesson.

I watch as her pale hand tucks a strand of her orange hair behind her ear. Her wild hair is pulled up into a messy bun, with pieces of hair falling out around her face and two pencils shoved through the middle. Clutched in her hands is her well loved art book. I stare at her until she disappears around the corner.

"Dude are you even listening?" Andrew, my closest friend snaps, snapping his fingers in front of my face.

I blink and shake my head. Turning towards him I try and act natural. "Yes of course, I agree." I rush out. Andy rolls his eyes and grabs my shoulder, directing me towards my next class English.

"I was asking if you were done eye raping that girl." He joked bumping into my shoulder lightly. I scowl at him and then glare at everyone who stares at me as we walk to our lesson. All of the students part to the walls as we walk, making a pathways for us.

Having a bad boy reputation has its perks.

As Andy starts to babble about who knows what, my mind begins to wonder. So mystery girl goes to my school. Huh. Never noticed her before. I almost didn't recognise her in dungarees and black thick rimmed glasses instead of that white dress she wore that evening.

We reach our English classroom (and by no surprise) the girl was waiting patiently by the door. She looks up from the floor and her eyes widen in alarm when she sees me strolling towards her. Letting out a very noticeable squeak, she quickly ducks into the girls bathroom next door.

I go to follow her, but then realise that I have my morals and stop. Frowning as the bell goes, I move out of everyone's way as they pile into the classroom.

"Aren't you coming dude?" Andy asks stood in front of the door, waiting for me.

I look up and shake my head.

"Nah, I'm going to wait here for a bit."

Andy shrugs and walks into the classroom, leaving me alone in the corridor. I shove my hands into my jeans and lean up against the wall, opposite the girls bathroom.

After about 10 minutes, the girl still hasn't made a appearance, not that I'm complaining; I hate English. Not that I'm bad at it, actually I'm pretty good, top of the class to be precise. To everyone's surprise, I'm not failing any classes at school even though I'm hardly ever present for any full lessons and never do my homework.

My eyes snap up to the girls bathroom door as it opens. The girl, walks out confidently, obviously thinking that I've gone into the classroom with everyone else. When she sees me, she tries to slam the door in my face but with it's slow shut, to stop pupils from slamming doors, it closes really slowly with a loud creak. Easily, I reach out and hold it open, the girls face red with embarrassment.

"Hey." I begin a little breathlessly.

I want to smack myself over my head.

The girl looks at me confused before stepping out of the door way of the bathroom, her pale cheeks still flushed red. She clears her throat and adjusts her bag on her back before her eyes meet mine.

Up close, I can really see her face. Her eyes are not just green, in fact, they are a dark green towards the rim and a lighter green towards the iris. Unlike my eyes, hers held such beautiful colours and mine were, well one colour, the colour of shit.

However, even though her eyes are beautiful, they were surrounded by pale skin and dark circles like she hasn't had enough sleep, in a very long time. She fidgets under my gaze and nervously pulls the bottom of her sleeves down so that they are covering her hands.

What was that all about?

"Can you move?" She snaps glaring at me. I took a step back, not really sure why she is glaring at me. Then I realise that I'm standing in the way of the door. I move to the side and she storms into the classroom, once again leaving me alone in corridor.

I sigh, running my hands through my overgrown, tangled, black mop of hair. Blinking a few times, I stare at the now closed classroom door.

"I didn't even get to ask you your name."

A/N

Hey guys! Sorry it's been like a week since I updated...? I don't know but here's another chapter! I've just started school again and things are a bit hectic and are only going to get worse, so I will be updating as much as I can but updates will be a little bit slower.

Hope you enjoy this chapter. This story has got a slow start but with will get better.

Thanks for reading.

Enjoy

Olly xxx

P.S.   Please comment/vote I love reading your comments and your votes never fail to make me smile! They give me encouragement to write and make me feel like people are actually enjoying my stories! x