Chapter 42

Riley's POV

I looked over to the stage, where a group was performing.
I wasn't nervous, I was a wreck.
"I can't do that, I can't dance", I said to Charlie panicking.
"Yes you can, wait just a minute, I'm gonna pick you some water", Charlie told me.
Good now I was alone.
I was going to die.

"Are you nervous?", someone asked behind me, I turned around and James was standing there.
"Yes", I answered.
"Don't be, you gonna win", he said smiling.
I smiled too.

"You look beautiful", he said, I smiled even more.
I was wearing a short dark blue dress and had some glitter next to my right eye.
"Thank you", I answered blushing.

"Calm down, you are going to win", James said taking a step forward.
I hugged him, I just had to.
I instantly smelled his fragrance and the nervousness I had before vanished.
I had my arms around his neck and he laid his arms around my back.

I didn't want this hug to end, but I knew that I had to, but before I even had the chance to, he backed away smiling and took my hand.
"Riley, I believe that you are going to win, but if not always remember that you're strong, you don't need to change your personality. Remember that I always loved and will always love you the way you are and if someone hurts you, just call me and I am going to run back and kill this person", he told me looking into my eyes and I think I saw a tear escape his eye.
I laughed after his comment.

He let go of my hand and smiled at me, before going out.
I felt a tear run down my cheek.
He was going to leave me, maybe forever.

"Here, your water", Charlie said holding a bottle of water in front of me.
"Ey, are you okay, why are you crying?", he asked.
"Charlie, I kissed James on the trip, I'm sorry, because you were always nice and kind, but I just like you as a friend, I don't deserve you, you deserve a girl, who likes you and I can't tell how sorry I am, but I'm not that girl and I still like James and I can't dance with you, because he is returning to California and I have to catch him, before he leaves, I'm so so so sorry", I quickly tried to explain to Charlie, whilst my tears kept running down my cheek.

"Go, find him, I try to convince the judges to wait a little", he said smiling sad.
"Thank you", I said hugging him and started to run outside.

I ran and ran and ran, I didn't even knew, where I was running, but I had to find James.
I arrived at the parking lot and spotted James entering his car, his mom was about to drive, so I ran and shouted:"James wait"

He stopped and turned surprise to me.
I walked till I was in front of him.
"What's up Ri?", he asked me preoccupied.
"I can't dance without you!", I told him catching my breath.
"Yes, you can, now hurry up or you gonna miss your dance", he said.

"No, I won't dance until you say that you are going to stay in Toronto", I informed him, finally talking without panting.
He looked sad at me and shook his head.
"Riley, you know I can't stay", he told me.
I felt Deborah watching us through the car mirror.
I didn't know what I should do, so I just started crying.

"Riley", he tried to comfort me.
I cried so hard that I fell to the ground and continued crying on the ground.
James knelt down next to me and took me in his arms.
I clinched into his shirt and sobbed.
"Don't go", I said between sobs.
"I wish I could stay with you Ri, really", he strokes slowly my back whilst kissing my forehead.