Chapter 36

Riley's POV

I was facing the door, but felt James staring at me from behind.
I closed my eyes and tried to sleep, I felt James's breath on my neck.
He wasn't so close to me, but I could feel it nevertheless.
Then I drifted to sleep.

James's POV

Suddenly I noticed that Riley's breathing rhythms became slower, so she probably was already asleep.
I smiled and stroked her bare arm.
Her arm was cold, so I covered it with the blanket we were sharing and fell asleep too.

Riley's POV

I woke up and looked around, but James wasn't in the room anymore.
I turned around to the bedside table, where my mobile was laying and picked it up to see how late it was.
"What?", I said quickly standing up, it was already twelve am.

I quickly walked to the wardrobe picking up some clothes to wear and disappeared in the bathroom to change into the clothes.
Some minutes later I walked downstairs and went to the kitchen.
A-Troupe and Miss Kate were sitting, chatting and eating breakfast.
I walked to the table, where James, West and Miss Kate were sitting at and sat next to them." Good morning Ri", James greeted me and smiled.
"Good morning", I said smiling too.

"Riley, I already talked to Stephanie and Michelle yesterday, but I will talk to them in some minutes again, because I made clear that I want this week to be relaxed and fun", Miss Kate told me.
"No, Miss Kate, you don't have to do it, it was just a little prank, it's okay", I explained to her.
I didn't want more trouble, than we already had.

"A little prank?, Riley you were shaking when I entered your room", James remembered me and looked at me as if I was insane.
"Yes Riley, James is right, Michelle and Stephanie need to get punished", Miss Kate decided.
"But..", I tried to debate.
"No Riley, it's decided", Miss Kate interrupted me.
I sighed knowing that I couldn't change her mind anyway.

We started eating breakfast, but I couldn't take my mind of Michelle and Stephanie.
After some minutes, James took my hand that was under the table in his.
I smiled, good that James was there for me.

"Riley, I wanted to buy a present for my mum, in some days is her birthday. Do you mind going with me to the mall, I think I could need some girl's advice in what to buy", he asked me lightly squeezing my hand.
"Sure, sounds great"
I was relieved that he asked me to hang out with him, I didn't want to stay here with the girls.

James's POV

We arrived at the mall and walked just around looking for an interesting shop, where we could find a present for my mum.
"Maybe this", Riley said pointing to a shop with mannequins, who were wearing pink dresses.
"Yes, let's go in"

We walked to a corner and looked around.
Suddenly an employee came to us.

Riley's POV