Prejudice

All the first years shuffled into the castle. This of course include myself, my twit of a twin, and the Harry Potter.
We entered a grand room, with four tables lined up. The houses I had to assume.

I saw some other first years looking upwards, so I glanced in the same direction.
On the ceiling was the night sky, as if the universe had been bottled and splayed onto the room.

It was absolutely stunning. And to add to the fact, candles floated in the air, illuminating the large room.
       We all gathered at the front of the room. Before us was an old hat on an old stool.
There was no troll in sight, so unless one came barging in within the next couple of seconds, Fred was lying, as suspected.
Then, the crowd opened slightly, as Draco made his way over to us. He had two rather large boys in tow, who were probably his idiotic friends.
He didn't seem to see me, or at least he didn't acknowledge my presence. Instead, he headed straight to Harry Potter. But then again, who wouldn't. I'm awfully drab in comparison to the child celebrity. I zoned out for the slightest moment, as another first year squealed and said something about a frog.
As I focused back on Draco, I picked up one word, or rather, a name. Malfoy.

I should have known, with his prejudice views, and his defining white blonde hair.
But then again, who was I to judge, just by his last name. He might not be so nearly as bad as his parents. Besides, he hadn't been completely unpleasant when we'd talked on the train. We could still be friends.
     Then, he turned to my brother and said a few particular words that really set me off.
"Red hair, hand-me-down robes. You must be a Weasley."
I was furious. If he was going to be a judgmental git, I would do the same.
    He stuck out his hand to Harry Potter.
" You'll find some families are better then others, Potter." Malfoy stated, "I can help you there."
I took a deep breath, holding my anger.
Harry Potter declined.
"I think I can figure the wrong sort for myself, thank you."
Malfoy huffed in anger, and turned to me, finally realizing I actually existed.
"What are you doing with this filth Rin? Come on. "  He motioned me to follow him.
"Oh no, Draco Malfoy." I said stopping him. I pasted a cold smile on my face. "We aren't finished with introductions. You don't even know my last name."
He paused, staring at me, a slight bit confused.
I stuck my hand out, mocking him.
"I'm Rin. Rin Weasley."
He flinched away from me in surprise and disgust,
That surprise was quickly replaced with anger.
"I should've known you're  Weasley, you're-" he hesitated
" you're ugly enough to be one, nothing but rubbish."
My faked smile faded as my anger levels rose to something beyond infuriation.
"And I should've known you're Malfoy, you're rotten enough to be one!"
Malfoy huffed as turned away from me and stocked off, with his friends close behind.
His words hurt. Even though I had said harsh words as well. The pain was still there.

A/N: heyyyy, sorry I haven't updated in forever.... Love you all though! And sorry if my writing for this chapter isn't the best, but I had fun writing it. I will also apologize if some quotes are wrong, or if some personalities are quite right, but this is a fanfic, and the presence of a single new person can make all the difference, so not everything is exact, because butterfly effect or something. Well love you guys! Bye