LVIII

LVIII

"Why are you here?"

My question hung in the air as if no one heard me. Or, I was really alone in this room and only having an imagination. But, my heart drummed in my ribs like it used to be during my days with him.

I waited for him to move, but he stood still until I heard muffled sound outside. The door opened, revealing Isaac, hotel employees and some strangers. They were discussing something, but when they saw the man viewing the city, they halted and curtsied.

"Your Highness," they simultaneously said.

Mr. Legend spoke beside me, "I'm glad you're already here, Shirley. I hope Violet had told you everything."

It seemed I held my breath and stayed my gaze on him forever until I found myself again and turned my head to my current boss. I nodded, "Thank you for this opportunity, sir."

I did not know my real reason why I was thanking him. Was it for my additional compensation? Was it for another point of promotion? Was it I able to finally meet the prince again?

Before Mr. Legend could respond, the man, I was waiting to face me, finally did it. The time became slow as his whole body rotated to see everyone. My inhale hitched once I got the best view of his handsome face. His stunning green eyes roamed to all faces, but abruptly stopped before it could reach me.

Prince Alexander smiled a little that made my every organ jumped. I could not stop on checking him out from some creases on his forehead to stubble on his jaw and chin to his fitted shirt on his shoulder, chest and arm.

"You may sit down," his voice. Oh my gosh, the hot British accent, which followed me everywhere even in my deepest dream, had still same effect on me.

I sat on the nearest chair because my knees wobbled as soon as the last syllable came out from those sexy lips. I did not notice until now that there were chairs formed in a half circle in front of the table, where Prince Alexander took a seat behind it.

Isaac Warden stood on the left side of the prince, while Clarissa Williams was sitting on the opposite side and a laptop on her lap. She beamed when she caught me gawping at her, but it was not a smile of happiness of seeing a pal again after years. It was more a smile for a stranger.

"I'm not the one who gave you the opportunity," Mr. Legend whispered while rummaging the papers on his hand, "They picked you, Shirley."

I followed the trail of his gaze to see the person who gave me this work. His Highness sat comfortably on his swivel chair while listening to the head of hotel's management. I waited for him to capture my stares by his own, but in the end, I was only disappointed.

"As you all know," his words froze my universe, "We will hold an additional charity program for cancer and other fatal disease patients in your hotel, Tuesday next week. Clarissa will give you the list of people we invited."

Everyone but me reacted by nodding or giving their own opinions. I could not think straight because of the beautiful creature discussing about the program. I thought I just missed him like an ordinary girl missing her long distance boyfriend. However, I only realized at this moment that I missed him so much. Even the phrase 'I miss you' was not enough to the longing I had.

"Miss Woodman," someone called me, but my entire focus was only on one person.

I heard a series of coughs and clearing of throats before I realized I was still in a meeting and all eyes were on me, except Prince Alexander who found the documents more interesting than the woman he had loved before.