XXXIX

XXXIX

I opened my eyes. Even though it was hard for me to do it, I still succeed to leave the dream world. Prince Alexander's handsome face was the first view of my reality. He was sitting on the edge of the bed while watching me.

"You're finally awake, sleeping beauty," he teased while grasping my hand.

"You kissed me," I muttered while yawning, "I want more sleep, please."

"No. We have to go," he said while playing the circular object on my ring finger. I wore the ring he gave to me before I fell asleep earlier. I was not that ready to give him an answer until I finally wore the thing.

"Where are we going?" I asked, slowly sat up like an elderly because I was too lazy to do it.

"You put this on," pertaining to the ring, "What's the essence to wait for another day if we can do the wedding now?"

"What?" my sluggishness turned into surprised, "Yes, I want to marry you, but we can still wait, you know." He just gave me an are-you-serious-stare, as if we were dealing with an ordinary circumstance. I explained, "Actually, I wore this ring for you to trust me. I mean, I want to be your wife as soon as possible, but I can't be if you're not trusting me. How will our relationship work if we're hiding some things from each other?"

He looked away. His hold in my hand suddenly untightened but I immediately grabbed him. I did not know why he was hiding these things from me. He put ten miles distance between us once I talked again about it. All I wanted was him telling me what was going on. I had no freaking idea what those transactions were for him.

I needed to know, not only because I was his accountant, but also because I wanted everything between us to be clear.

"Alexander, please trust me. Please tell me what's bothering you. I'm here to help. I'm your sky, remember?" I was proud of myself that I was not easily crying anymore. I could control my emotions now, especially when it came to the man I loved.

He sharply sighed. "Promise me that you won't run away and you'll come with me wherever I go."

Where will he go? "I promise," I replied without hesitation.

"I was related to AMFA," he emphasized the word 'was'. It only meant that he was a member of it in the past, but not in the present.

I knew he was related so I was not stunned anymore. "Why did you join them? What have you done with them?" I lowered my voice, as if someone could hear us.

"I didn't join them. They became my associate. Supposedly, our plans started two months ago, but you suddenly entered in my dark world," he stared directly at my eyes. "And became my sky."

"What do you mean by 'associate'?" I carefully asked, uncertain of the things around me.

"I funded them for the last three years," he did not hesitate to tell me, "I gave them money to help them grow until we have enough force to...to..." he stopped speaking and closed his eyes.

Hence, the miscellaneous expense account that looked like suspicious was the fund used to supply the needs of those rebels.

"To what?" He did not respond to my question. His eyes were on the floor. I held his jaw and forced him to look at me. I could not help but freaked out, "Alexander, why did you do that? Why were you funding them? They're the rebels of the monarchy you live in."

"Shirley if only I knew that you're existing, I have never done that," for the very first time, I saw he wept. His shoulder shook, and tears streamed down from his eyes. "I made the greatest mistake that can destroy us, but I'll do everything to stop it from happening."