That Life isn't You

Start from the beginning

Always be safe, because I don't know if I could go through losing you for life a second time without even spending another moment with you. Be a hero, but please come back to me.

I miss you. I love you. And I will be waiting.

Forever yours,
Nyssa

What was she doing, she had started to ask herself. Hasn't she done enough? She'd gone off to save the world to provide humanity with a better future. But what future does she have for herself? What future does she have if she can't be with those who matter to her? She's fought so much in the time that had passed more than some could say they've done in their whole lifetime. She's fought so much for people she doesn't even know. Should she let everything come between her and what she has come to crave for lately? Time with those she love with no worries of the future, simply just there with them enjoying every single moment with no regrets.

She went back to the house since they still had some time to waste there as they waited for repairs on the waverider to be finished. She walked around, imagining how Nyssa's life could have been in those years. It was difficult to tell. She wrote less after she'd left with Rip. Maybe she had tried to move on with her life, because there was no certainty of her return. Could she blame her? She just hopes that Nyssa was happy with the life she had.

She went up to the bedroom where she had found the box. Could there be more of it, she thought. Then out of nowhere, an arrow was shot at her feet.

"You have no reason to be here. Leave." A voice in the shadows had said. And Sara was surprised to see a guy wearing the League of Assassins hood and gear when he walked into the light.

"You're with the League?"

"The League is long gone, but these still can be of much use. And I won't hesitate to use these on you." He said in reference to the bow in his hand and scimitar on his side.

"You don't scare me, kid." She then took out her bo staff.

It seemed to have sparked a sense of familiarity to him, and he moved closer without engaging in combat. He took a closer look at Sara.

"You." He said, bowing his head to stifle a small laugh.

"Am I supposed to know who you are?" Sara queried, confused with the interaction.

"No. I guess not."

"But you know who I am?"

"Very well. It's all up to you now, Sara Lance. You have to make a choice, be the hero or be hers."

Sara's heart leapt with the thought that statement brought to her. Had he meant Nyssa? Then he took something out of his pocket and threw it close to her. When she picked it up, he was gone. And her heart broke out in tears when she turned the envelope over and saw the familiar scribble of her name across it. Nyssa. He had meant Nyssa.

Sara,

It has been quite a long time, but I never forgot. I have tried to move forward with my life, but there are days like these that my longing for you is the greatest.

Happy Birthday, beloved. I don't know if you still get to celebrate it, since time is just somewhat trivial for you now. I may not celebrate it always, but I always take time to remember you with your sweet smile and bright spirit on this special day of yours. I remember how the room would seem to stay still and silent whenever you laugh, because it is all I would want to hear, the way you would laugh so heartily without much care to the rest of the world. One of the things I love most about you, how you would not be fazed by anything at all. See that even death could not stop you.