Chapter 62- Minor Setback

Start from the beginning

It was a long minute of silence, before Stacey replied, "Okay."

Immediately, after she spoke, paramedics were gearing up Leo's body for transport.

It was a battle to get Stacey to let go of Leo, but I managed to pry her fingers off his fingers.

I continued to hold Stacey in my arms, so she wouldn't fall, and proceeded to follow the paramedics to the car, where I strapped Stacey and I inside and to the hospital.

Rain became our comfort on the way, and the pain in my gut told me Leo's scent had washed away.

"I'm so sorry, Lily."

---------

Lily's Pov:

I was surprised to wake to the sound of a vehicle's engine.

I could feel my body move with the road, swaying with the soft turns.

My stomach ached the most. Surprisingly, I was expected, maybe my shoulder, neck, and back would be the worst, because my arms were held up for so long.

I'm hungry. They normally give us bread, chicken, sometimes beef, and either potatoes or green beans. I've lost my taste buds for all of it, it only tastes of blah.

I've lost weight, if that was possible. I can feel some of my muscle wiggle around my bones, hanging around for scraps like dogs.

To add, my family never had a history of respiratory problems. My breaths are shallow, and I'm afraid if Hunter tries to mentally play tricks on me again, I might have an asthma attack, and I'm scared of it.

I loose my focus, on staying still. I open my eyes and prepare for the worst, but instead I'm greeted my the backseat of a chair.

"What?" I mumble, my voice scratchy as hell, so much that I can't even recognize my own voice.

"She's awake." The driver, a stranger announced.

I don't want to move, but Scott didn't kill my curiosity...yet.

My forehead is matted to the car window, as I peel half of it off to look at the other stranger in the passenger seat.

She glances back at me, and then looks back to the front counsel, grabbing a water bottle.

"Here." She says, with a demanding but gentle tone, as she throws the bottle onto my lap.

I do not know how long I was out, but I'm not ties up, no shackles, handcuffs or rope.

I gingerly grasp the bottle with both hands, and bring the bottle to my chapped lips.

Water. H20. My new found love. Why do I suddenly compare this to the first time I met Drew? The cold liquid rushes down my parched throat, until I can feel it in my empty stomach. I live you, water.

After finishing the whole water bottle, I'm sad. All gone, just like my past life with Drew. The old Lily is gone, and all is left is a crippled, dreaming for her mate to rescue her.

Hope can not be killed. I can't explain how that is possible. The only other word for hope is Drew. Maybe that is why I am still alive.

"We are moving you from the log house to the lake house." The woman, that rogue, says as if she thinks I'm confused as to where I am. To be honest the thought hasn't even crossed my mind yet.

"Okay." I say out loud, but what I'm really saying is, "Do you have anything to eat?"

She succeeds as being a mind reader this time. She tosses a muffin without a glance back.

I catch it, and chew it very slowly, because I might not get fed in a very long time.

I look out the window to be met with the woods. It's raining. I miss the outdoors. I miss flying. I miss Drew.

----------

Drew's Pov:

16 hours.

16 hours in the waiting room, holding Stacey's sleeping body.

After a few CT's, MRI'S, and x-rays, the doctors concluded a few things.

There is a surgery. Alot of rebreaking will happen: nose, ribs, collarbones. No neurological damage, meaning no brain bleed or aneurysm. He had a ton of internal bleeding in his intestines. His lung had calapsed. Skin graphs will be made for his wrists. Some of the nerves were damaged, so they had to pull nerves from his legs to fix the repair.

16 house and maybe 6 more to go. Doctors came up with updates saying Leo is a fighter and is holding on. Skin graphs are almost finished, which is good.

I decided sleep would be good for us, so I asked a nurse get us a cot for us. I promised myself to not let go of Stacey. I have never seen her so broken.

We share the bed, like when we were little, and hold her close in my arms.

This makes me miss Lily even more.

I hold myself together until Stacey falls asleep. Then I let tears fall, down from my face unto her face.

The tears read, "This isn't fair."

Life is not fair.

************************************