“Priya,” Aman turned back to face Priya.  He pouted slightly.  “My back hurts.” He admitted quietly. 

            Priya smiled.  Aman was such a child sometimes. 

            “Please don’t make me sleep on that uncomfortable sofa tonight.” Begged Aman. 

            Priya stifled a giggle.  He was acting as if he were a child in a toy store pleading with his mother to buy toys for him.  

            “Is that a yes?” Aman asked, bemused by Priya’s laughter. 

            Priya stopped laughing.  It suddenly dawned on her what Aman was asking.  She looked down.  A small blush tinged her cheeks. 

            “It’s fine. I’ll manage.” Aman said, realizing how uncomfortable of a position he just put Priya in. 

            “No.  You can…” Priya said quietly. 

            “Are you sure?” asked Aman. 

            Priya just nodded.  She turned away from him and walked to the other side of the bed.  She laid down, pulling the covers over her.  She scooted all the way to the edge of the bed.  After settling herself, she looked back up at Aman.  He continued to stand where he was, making no effort to move.  A conflicted expression was apparent on his face. 

            “Aman, really. It’s okay.” Priya said. 

Aman hesitated for a moment before walking over to the bed.  He’d had many girlfriends with which he’d spent countless nights.  He’d had his fair share of hookups and even a few one night stands.  However, he had never ever in his life been this nervous to get into bed with a woman before.  This wasn’t just any woman.  This was his wife, the woman he’d be spending the rest of his life with.  This was Priya.  Aman couldn’t help but acknowledge that he had a physical attraction towards Priya.  It was undeniable.  He silently promised himself that he would behave himself and keep his distance tonight. 

 “Aman,” Priya said.  She watched him curiously. 

“Yeah.”  Aman pulled back the covers and laid down.  He immediately felt relieved as he straightened out his back against his very comfortable bed.  It felt a thousand times better than the sofa he’d been sleeping on. 

Priya watched Aman.  A new wave of guilt surged through her.  Aman must’ve been silently suffering all this time.  Aman suddenly looked at her.  Their eyes locked for a brief moment before Priya looked down.  Aman’s brows furrowed in confusion. 

“This was a bad idea.” Aman declared, flinging off the covers and getting to his feet.  He started towards the sofa. 

Priya looked on in shock.  It took her a moment to respond.  She stood up and hastily followed Aman. 

“Wait!” She grabbed Aman’s arm so that they both came to a halt just before reaching the sofa. 

“What happened?” Priya asked. 

“You’re uncomfortable.” Aman answered, looking away from her. 

“You’re the one who’s uncomfortable, Aman.  I knew that sofa would cause you trouble.  You should’ve told me earlier that you were in pain.” Priya chided. 

“That’s not what I mean.  You’re uncomfortable…with me.” Aman replied. 

“I’m not. I…Should I be?” Priya questioned.  She awkwardly shifted from one foot to another.