"Your Honour, She's Innocent!" (1D Fanfic: AU) - @wannabealyssaxx

Fresh out of the oven in the Holmes Chapel bakery, 16 year old local, Harry Styles tries his luck at a talent competition: X Factor. Now we all know how his story carries on from there, but let's take a moment to step back and realise what would happen if Harry never made it.

Now 23 and out of law school, Harry Styles has lost all his confidence in life. Being turned down as a 16 year old boy all those years ago still taunts him. So when Harry finally gets to prove himself at possibly the most difficult case his court has faced, will he take it on?  

On the other end of the city, 22 year old university student, Desiree Simmons is on the run from the police. Her crime? She murdered her boyfriend Zayn Malik on the night that would've been her second anniversary with Zayn had she not killed him. Desiree soon realises her mistake and hands herself in to the law. Fellow psychiatrist, Terynn James, appointed aside Harry believes Desiree is mentally ill, but Desiree won't have any of it. She has a reason behind what she did and she hopes her wimp of a lawyer will help her prove things.

Will Harry succeed in this case or will he back out when things get too personal for him?
Will Desiree ever get over Zayn when she's unsure why she killed him in the first place?

**lots of swearing**
**editing**