40

"Hey"

"Why are you here?"

"Your mum invited me" I sat down on his bed beside him.

"Are you guys close now?"

"Have been for the past two years. She just wants to know her granddaughter" He nodded. "How are you?"

"I was perfectly fine until I met my two year old daughter for the first time and had the girl I still love arrive"

"I'm sorry"

"It's not your fault"

"I shouldn't have come"

"Mia's just like you, I can tell already"

"She loves to sing"

"Just like her dad" He spoke.

"She's always wanted to meet you"

"She was so excited and confused. I knew I fucked up as soon as I saw you both"

"It's not too late to be a part of her life, Luke"

"It's too late to be a part of yours though, isn't it?"

"I don't know. I thought I was over you but seeing you today brought back memories from two years ago and how happy we were"

"Want to hang out and see how it goes?"

"Like 22 year old us tried?"

"Yeah, but much slower so you don't end up pregnant again"

"Let's try again"

"Hi, I'm Luke"

"That is not how we met"

"I was dick when we met"

"It's one of my favourite memories"

"Fine, I believe you start"

"Did you find everything you were looking for today?"

"And more" He replied and I smiled as he did he before he leaned in, pressing his lips to mine. "Too fast?" He mumbled against my lips. Just as I was about to reply, the door opened and we pulled away to see Mia.

"Are you back?" Luke looked confused by Mia's wording.

"We're not together again yet"

"Is it a possibility?" She asked, struggling with saying 'possibility'. I nodded making her smile. "Daddy, will I see you more?"

"If your mum lets me"

"Can he?" She asked me.

"I'm not letting him miss out on you again" I turned to Luke and he smiled as did Mia before she walked out of the room. "Now we go slow" He nodded before we left his old bedroom.