19

"You both made it" Liz said as Luke and I walked into her kitchen. She hugged Luke and reluctantly hugged me too. Luke looked over at me as he hugged his dad sending a look of 'don't say anything yet'. I nodded subtly and walked back over to stand by Luke.

"Who's this?" I looked over to see Jack coming in with a girl. Ben was close behind. "Wait, are you Luke's girlfriend?" Jack's assumed girlfriend asked. I nodded.

"Hi, I'm Maddie"

"I'm Celeste, Jack's girlfriend"

"They're practically married" Luke said.

"So are you guys by the looks of it"

"I hope not" I heard Liz mumble under her breath. Luke's grip tightened and he pulled me closer. "Celeste, you look as wonderful as always" His mum said as she hugged Celeste.

"Wanna go up to my room?" I nodded and took hold of Luke's hand. "We're going upstairs, call us when we're needed" His dad nodded and we left. As we walked out I heard his mum speak. I stopped Luke from walking ahead and pulled him to the side.

"Why did he have to bring her?"

"He really likes her mum" Ben told her.

"She seems nice" Celeste said.

"Plus Luke hasn't had a serious girlfriend in a while and he needs this"

"I don't like her. She's just one of his stupid little sluts"

"I'm not a slut" I said stepping back into the kitchen before Luke could stop me. "I'm sure you've put two and two together and worked out that Luke and I have slept together, to put it in the nicest way possible, but that's not all I'm with him for and that's not why he's with me. You don't even know me and you've assumed that Luke picked me up from a strip club. I'm not as college, I'm not as smart as your son but I'm not a fucking idiot. You may think I am but I've noticed the little hints that you don't like me. You said more to Ashton and Sydney than you did to Luke and I when you visited. You've been as nice as ever to Celeste, granted you know her better but get to fucking know me because I'm not going anywhere for now. So, I'm not a slut and I can't believe you'd think so lowly of your son to not let him decide who he wants to date" I stopped and looked around the room. Ben and Jack were smirking and Celeste looked slightly taken a back but that was nothing compared to Liz and Andrew. Andrew looked furious and Liz was the same mixed with shock. I felt two arms wrap around my waist and pull me closer.

"That's my girl" Luke whispered yet it was loud enough for all of them to hear too.

"Luke, how can you bring her here and then let her do this? You're basically encouraging it"

"Everything she said is true. Stop treating her like shit. I'm with Maddie not that bitch you wish I was with and for once I'm fucking happy and it's because Maddie makes me happy. I don't care if you're not going to support us, I'm not going to stop being with her"

"Maybe you shouldn't have come today, Luke"

"Maybe we shouldn't" Luke agreed. "What would've happened today though if I'd brought Maddie with me for the first time to meet you? Would you have had the same judgements considering she wouldn't have just walked down from upstairs with me?"

"I would've seen her the same way"

"You wouldn't have though. Just because she was in my house you judged her"

"Luke, I think you and Maddie should go cool off upstairs" His dad said. Luke grabbed my hand and led me upstairs.

"They're always fucking like this" Luke said as I shut the door. He was pacing the room already.

"Calm down. At least we got it out there"

"You're amazing, you know that right?"

"Thanks"

"I knew you were ready to blow, I was just wondering when it'd be"

"I don't want to ruin your relationship with your parents though"

"Trust me, you won't. They'll do that by themselves"

"I just heard a car, do we have to go back down and see all your family?"

"We can leave if you want?"

"No, then we're giving in. We'll just act all in love and shit"

"We are in love"

"Exactly" I said, kissing him. "Now let's go down there" He nodded and led me back downstairs.

"Luke, can you look after Zack and Layla for us while we talk to your parents?" A woman asked as soon as we stepped into the back garden. Luke nodded and took the young girl from her. Whilst the boy was already running towards Jack. "Who's this?"

"This is my girlfriend, Maddie"

"Nice to meet you, I'm Luke's Aunt Maria. Is this the girlfriend your mum doesn't like?" We both nodded. "Ignore his parents, they just want him with that bitch from across the road" She said before walking towards Liz and Andrew.

"Who's this girl you're meant to be with?" I asked Luke as we sat on the patio with Layla and Zack, who had rejoined us.

"Lukey!"

"Her" Luke said, rolling his eyes at the blonde that was approaching us.

"Hi, Lukey" She greeted as she sat down beside him. "Who's this?" She questioned, looking me up and down as I pulled Layla back into my lap.

"This is Maddie. She's my girlfriend"

"Girlfriend? What about me?"

"What about you?"

"I thought when college finished, we'd both move back and be together"

"Why?"

"Because that's what our parents always said"

"Our parents, not us. You may have wanted this but I don't. I'm perfectly happy with the beautiful and wonderful girlfriend I already have"

"Awh, thanks, Lucifer" I said.

"Oh fuck you" He said and I smiled as he kissed my cheek.

"Whatever, Luke. Have fun with your little whore"

"She's the whore" Luke mumbled as he pulled Layla across his lap, holding her closer whilst Zack played football with Ben and Jack. "Do you want kids?" I snapped my head towards him.

"Yeah, eventually"

"Me too. I don't think I'll be very good at the whole parenting thing though"

"You'd be great"

"You have to say that"

"I know but you know I'm not that way inclined"

"I know. You're a little fiesty"

"You don't say"

"I love you, baby"

"You know I hate that pet name"

"You don't in bed"

"Look at you being all mindful of your language in front of the children" He jokingly rolled his eyes. "You'll be a great father"

"Thanks"

"I love you too, by the way"