"Everyone's already talking about you," Alice said as she sat down at the lunch table. I sat next to Caden who was munching on a sandwich he bought from the cafeteria.

    "What? Why?" I asked. What if they found out I was really a hundred sixty-six years old? What if they think I'm a witch or a vampire?

    "Because the new girl happens to be gorgeous and every boy is head over heels for you."

    I snorted, "is this one of your jokes in an attempt to make me calmer?"

   "No, I'm not kidding. Your name is all I heard when I passed through the hallways."

    Caden wrapped his arm around my shoulder, "wow we're friends with the popular one. Being popular and new on the first day must be a world record."

    "Who cares about popularity?" I scoffed. It was just like that ordeal online, people base your popularity on how much followers, likes and comments you have, it's stupid. Now, people think you're popular because of your looks. It's crazy.

    "Damn right," Alice said.

    "Hell yeah!" Caden yelled. A few heads turned to face towards us, I suddenly became red as an apple.

    "So, were you guys friends before?" I asked. Caden never really acknowledged Alice and vice versa.

    "No, we have different groups of friends," Caden said. "I hang out with the lacrosse team."

    "Same goes for me, I'm usually spotted with one of the cheerleaders."

    "Then why are you guys here?" I asked before realizing the answer. "Oh." They were here for me because I was the new girl with no friends. They felt bad for me.

    "No, it's great hanging out with you guys," Alice commented. She leaned forward and put her hand over mine, comforting me.

    "Yeah," Caden agreed. "It's different. A good different, it gets boring hanging out with the lacrosse team anyways."

    "Based on knowing you guys for three hours, I feel like we'll be friends for a long time," I said smiling. Alice put her hand over Caden's hand, then she recoiled.

    "What's wrong?" I asked, her face turned pale.

    "He's-I need to go, I just realized I promised Riley something. I'll see you guys in history," she said. Alice quickly left the table, leaving me and Caden. He also had a shocked and confused expression on his face.

    "What was that about?" I asked, hoping he would know the answer. As soon as Alice made contact with Caden, she moved back. She felt something weird, but I didn't feel that when I touched him.

    "No clue," he said. "I'm sorry but I need to go too, I need to see the lacrosse coach." I nodded.

    I turned on my phone, almost forgetting my password. I needed to call Stefan. "Hello?"

    "Stefan, it's an emergency. I need you to come to school right now while it's still lunch."

    "What's wrong? Are you hurt? I'm on my way."

    "No, it's just-I'll explain when you get here." I ended the phone call.

    I left the cafeteria and witnessed the students whispering my name and looking at me. Alice was right, people were talking about me and they didn't even try to be discreet about it. They talked about me right when I passed them. High school may not have been the right choice, I should have just left Mystic Falls. I could have convinced my brothers to leave with me.

    I waited outside in the parking lot, looking out for when Stefan would arrive on his motorcycle.

    After a few minutes of waiting, Damon's Chevy Camaro Convertible rolled in. I remembered the time when Kai tried to teach me how to drive, how he would gush over that car. I missed him so much.

    "Isadora, what's wrong?" Stefan grabbed my shoulders looking at me. Damon followed behind.

    "Okay so we were eating lunch and this girl named Alice grabbed Caden's hand. Then, as soon as she touched him, she looked mortified and she pulled away like she sensed something scary."

    "You already made two friends?" Damon asked surprised. "My girl's lessons must have been exceedingly great."

    "Now's not the time Damon," Stefan said. "Do you know what this Alice girl is?"

    "I don't even know her that well, I just met her."

    "You know this reminds me of the time Stefan told me a cute little story about Bonnie Bennett."

    "Damon, I said now's not the time," Stefan lectured.

    "Maybe he's onto something," I said.

    "Thank you sister," he said. "Remember when you told me when Bonnie touched your hand for the first time at Elena's house?"

    "She later told me she sensed that I was a vampire through touch," Stefan said. He looked serious, the gears in his head were spinning and mine was too. It was a good thing Damon came.

    "And what's Bonnie?" Damon asked waiting to hear what everyone was already thinking.

    "Alice is a witch," I said. Out of all the people in the school, out of all the seats I could have sat in English class. I became friends with a witch.

    "That's not the important part," Stefan said. "It's that Caden is a vampire."

    "Isadora is a supernatural magnet, how are we supposed to watch out for her when she makes friends with vampires?" Damon asked.

    "My brothers are vampires."

    "But the difference is, we aren't going to suck your blood and kill you," Damon said. "You need to leave high school."

    "That's not the only solution, I just got here. I finally feel normal, I made two friends. Even if they're supernatural, they still count." I said.

    "Damon's right Isadora, we can't protect you from them. All this is too much. You want a normal life but high school is bringing you back to the dangers of the supernatural one."

    "I'll stay away from them, just please let me stay. We're not even sure yet, they might not be who we think they are. Caden can walk in the sunlight and if Alice was a witch, why did she make it so obvious?"

    "We can walk in the sun," Damon waved his daylight ring in my face. "You just gotta figure out if Caden is a vampire."

    "And for Alice?" I asked.

    "Just stay away from her, witch business is always bad business," Damon said. "We learned that lesson the hard way from Qetsiyah and Silas."

    "What do I do if I find a ring on his finger?" I asked.

    "Then he's a vampire," Stefan said.

    "But what if it's just a random ring?"

    "Then, you cut off his finger to see if he's a vampire. If he is then great and if he's not, we can always compel him to forget." Damon said.

a/n I really suck at updating but here you go! Don't forget to comment and vote.