5. That Comeback, Though!

"Thanks for watching Mason for us, you two," Alesa smiles, holding Mason in her arms.

"Anytime," Max replies. "It helped that I had (Y/N) with me. She helped me change his diaper and feed him. He's a stubborn kid. Just like his mother." Max looked at Alesa and Adam laughed.

You and Max left their house and now stood outside. The sun was almost completely down.

"What time is it?" You ask.

Max checks his phone. "Um, 7:27. What do you wanna do now?"

"I don't know. The sun's going down. There's not much we can do."

"True. Want me to walk you home?"

"If you want. I don't live far, remember?"

"Yeah, but it'll be completely dark by the time you get there and someone could easily kidnap a nineteen year old like you. Especially because of your looks."

Is... Is he hitting on me?

"O-Oh. I guess we should get going then. Plus some dark clouds are starting to roll into town so we better hurry."

You and Max start running to get to your apartment building. Halfway there, it starts raining. It gets harder and harder and thunder starts to boom. A nice thunderstorm to end a good day.

By the time you and Max get inside, you're both drenched. You lead him up to your apartment and unlock the door.

Max walks in and you're super glad that you cleaned big time yesterday. You take off your soaked jacket and Max does the same.

"Do you want a towel?" You ask, trying not to be rude. He nods and you quickly grab two.

As you begin drying your hair, you look out the sliding door to the balcony. A sudden lightning strike causes you to jump slightly. You close the curtain and turn to Max.

"I'm sorry you're all wet," you apologize. "Do you want a ride to your apartment? My car is in the back of the building."

Max laughs. "Are you apologizing for the weather?"

You frown. "You're drenched because you walked me home..."

"Nah, I'll be fine," Max replies to your question. "It's just a little rain. I'm sure I'll live."

"So are you staying the night?" You ask, a little tone of nervousness in your voice.

Max thinks for a split moment before saying, "I guess I am. Problemo?"

You shake your head slightly, as to not get water everywhere. "No, I just have some editing to do. Plus I need to shower."

Max looks around. "I'm sure I can occupy myself."

You shrug. "If you say so, Mithzan Max."

~×~×~×~×~×~

After a nice shower, you're in a black onesie sitting at your desk. You turn on your monitor and go straight to editing. You put your headphones on and sigh, opening John's latest challenge video. He's doing it with your guys' friends Anthony and Michael. Looks like the Lego Challenge.

A quarter of the way done, your office door opens and you turn to see Max pop in. His lips start moving so you remove your headphones.

"-t some of your Mac and Cheese?"

"Wait, what?" You ask.

"Can I eat some of your Mac and Cheese?" Max repeats.

"Oh, sure," you answer. "Go ahead. Help yourself."

"Thanks." Max leaves and you put your headphones back on.

After about five minutes, Max comes back in with his Mac and Cheese. He stands right next to you and begins to watch you as he eats. You turn to him and remove your headphones. "May I help you?" You ask.

Max shakes his head. "No, I'm just watching."

"I can tell."

"Why? Does it make you uncomfortable?"

"A little. My favorite editor is watching me edit. It makes me kinda nervous."

"I won't say anything, I promise."

You put your headphones on your desk. "I'll just work on this later."

"You gotta show me how you edit sometime."

You smile. "Okay. Hey, wanna see something?"

"It depends."

You roll your eyes. "It's nothing bad. C'mon."

You get up and walk out of the office. You walk to a door near the living room and open it. Max throws his garbage away and follows you to the room.

"Woah," he gasps.

All over the mini art room are many paintings. The one Max really liked is still on the easel.

"You made all these?" He asks, looking at them. You nod, "Yeah. I spent a lot of time on these. You'd be surprised how much spare time I have."

"They're very good and detailed," Max remarks, holding up the one you sent him a picture of.

"Thanks. My grandfather taught me. He told me it takes a lot of patience and time."

"Well, I have none of that," Max grins.

"Probably 'cause you're such a Mad Max."

As soon as that sentence comes out of your mouth, Max's head spins so quick you're surprised he didn't break his neck.

"Can you fucking stop with that?" He snaps.

You smirk. "I warned you about the comebacks, Max."

Max growls and turns back to looking at your painting.

This is great, you think. Mithzan Max is in my home, admiring my paintings, and I'm getting him pissed off. Nice.