Chapter Eighteen: Broken Family

Izzy's P. O. V. 

    As we got Stefan home, Damon took him up to his room while I put the coffee pot on. I knew how much he loved Valeria, considering he was the only person he would talk too since Damon left for war. I had heard all about her and I had thought that Stefan had found his true love but I was devastated when he told me that she didn't come back. It was two months of torture for Stefan and the news destroyed him, but everything changed when Kathy showed up. I had thought that maybe Stefan had left the feeling he had for Valeria behind but I guessed wrong. The news that devastated him and I wished I would take back everything I said. But I couldn't. And it's my fault that he's in pain right now.

    Sighing as I poured me a cup of coffee and a blood bag before sitting at the table and looking at the floor. I felt so horrible telling Stefan but the flashback was so life-like that I needed.... no wanted to get it out. i nearly jumped out of my seat when I heard Damon. "So, does anybody want to explain whats wrong with Stefan?" He asked. Looking up, I shook my head but then nodded, he did have a right to know, considering he would have been an uncle. "Did you know you were going to be an uncle?" I asked looking at him. his eyes grew wide for a second then they flashed with what I like to call over-protectiveness. "What the hell, Izzy. You know vampires can't get pregnant." He said. I chuckled. "I know that Damon, but this happened years ago in 1864, before we were vampires. Do you remember Stefan telling you about a girl named Valeria?" I asked, wondering if Stefan had told him through letters. 

    "Yeah, he said he met her at the Mystic Falls Carnival (I believe thats where he met her) But what does she have to do with any of this." He said. I groaned and rubbed my head. "Supposedly, Stefan lost his virtue with her. Anyway she left but was planning on coming back for Stefan. But she found something out." I said, my eyes filling up with tears again. "What did she find out, Bells?" Damon asked as he came over to me. "She found out she was pregnant Dami, Stefan was going to be a father, we were going to aunts and uncles, a family." I said, tears falling down my face. "Was....?" He said. I Nodded my head and told him everything that happened, including what happened to mother and the rest of the Heretics.  

     By the time I finished we were both crying over the lose of our family. The fact that I had lost mom twice, the chance of being an aunt, and losing Valeria who was like a sister to me. This family was broken. And I have no Idea how to fix it.