03 ♛

A week later...

Rakim

Jaedah and I have been talking for about a week now. I found out that she's very closed off. We'll start talking about past relationships and then she'll just change the subject. But I won't pressure her, 'cause obviously it's a sensitive subject.

"Wassup man." My nigga Darold came over my place since we had a couple moves to make. "'Sup nigga. What you tryna do first?" I asked, our boss had us doing some shit for some quick money.

No, we didn't sell, we just made sure people paid what they owed. I got too much shit I wanna do to be out here selling.

"We gotta go visit some bitch named Jadira. She live a couple blocks from here." He replied, I sighed. I really didn't even wanna do this shit, but we needed this money. Shit, the bills needed to get paid some way. "Aight c'mon." I exclaimed, as we started walking.

~

Jaedah

"Girl, look at that fine ass nigga over there. You think he got a girlfriend?"

I was now sitting in the food court, eating my bomb ass 12 - piece from Chik-Fil-A, while Alexus was gawking over every nigga that walked past. I picked up my tea and held it out to her. "Take a sip please." She was being extra thirsty right now.

"Bitch shut up. Just 'cause you got one you think you the shit." She laughed. I rolled my eyes "Girl I don't 'got' one, we just talk." I said, dipping my last nugget in the Polynesian sauce.

"Okay? And talking leads to what? DATING." She exclaimed, looking at another nigga as he walked past. He was fine though, he just looked like a fuckboy. "Look, are you done?" I said, getting up and throwing my trash in the nearest bin.

"Yeah, throw this away for me." She replied, holding out her tray. I looked down at it and sat back down. "Your legs work." I said, causing her to glare at me. I burst out laughing. "Fuck you."

~

"Ma I'm home! I brought you some food!" I yelled, as I walked into the house. She walked down the steps she looked a little sick. "Aw thank you baby." She said kissing my cheek and taking the bag of food.

"Ma you okay? You sound sick." I asked, "I think I got sick from those kids at work yesterday." My mom was a house cleaner and sometimes had to watch the kids too.

"Did you take some medicine?" She huffed, "Girl you know I hate taking pills, I'd rather suffer." She stated. My mom was so stubborn. "Can you atleast drink some tea or something?" She sighed again and went to turn on the teapot.

My phone vibrated in my pocket and I took it out to see Alexus texting me.

Bestfriendd 😛 - Girl the boy from the mall texted me!!

Jaedah - Which one?

Bestfriendd 😛- The brownskin one with the waves 🌊

Jaedah - Ooh 👅 girl you done got luckyyyy

Bestfriendd 😛- Yess 😩 Ima call you later to tell you about it.

After finishing our conversation, I went upstairs and turned on the tv. A rerun of Black Ink Crew was on. That was my show, Donna was my favorite. Even though people didn't like her that much, I still thought she was a chill ass person.

I then remembered I had a paper due by 11:59pm. "Fuck." I huffed. I got up from my bed and walked over to my iMac slouching into the chair. "Well it's about to be a long ass night."

_

Rakim in multimedia. :)