Girl Next Door (Emblem3 fan fiction)

KAT'S POV

I open my eyes as my annoying alarm clock goes off, stating that today is the LAST day of school at Huntington High.. I'm graduating from 9th grade, but I'm not alone, I have my best friend, Keaton, doing the same thing as me.

I throw off my covers and slowly get out of the bed.. I didn't really get a lot of sleep last night, I'm just really excited.

I'm a 15 year old girl, living a 15 year old life. I exit out of my room and open the door to my older brother, Greg's, room. I smirk and start jumping on his bed.

"GET UP! IT'S YOUR LAST DAY OF HIGH SCHOOL!" I yell loud as I can.

"I'M ONLY A JUNIOR, IT'S NOT MY LAST DAY OF HIGH SCHOOL! GET OUT!" He yells.

Greg and I were 2 years apart. I'm 15 while he's 17 (Just turned 17). He had emerald green eyes with brown hair while I have dark, brown, elbow length, hair, with green eyesWe look nothing a like other then the face.. We look like it in the face even though we don't have the same color of hair and eyes.. Pretty weird. We get the green eyes from my mom and brown hair from dad.

I run down the stairs and greet my dad with a smile on my face.. He smiles back as he sips some coffee from his cup.. It hasn't been the same since mom died.

My mom had breast cancer for 3 years, and finally, on May 1st, 2012, my mom lost her battle.. She was and still IS a very strong women.. It's been about 1 month now. I miss her very much.

"Wesley is taking you and Greg to school, better be ready in 45 minutes," I hear my dad say.

I froze at the name: Wesley. Wesley is Keaton's older brother and I hate him, well, I actually have a crush on him, but still.

I told Greg that I liked Wesley when I was 12, while they both were 14.. Wesley laughed in my face about it and made fun of me for 2 years. He finally stopped this past year before I turned 15.

I quickly eat my breakfast and run up the stairs and pick out a nice, simple, out fit. I pick out a Rolling Stones tank top with some skinny jeans and my black Combat Boots..

I quickly curl my hair and add some foundation, mascara, eye liner, and some pink lip gloss after I brush my teeth.

I grab my book bag with only my binder in it and a pencil.. We don't do much on the last day. I run out of my bedroom, Greg trailing behind me.

I run outside as Wesley honks his horn the 3rd time. Oh my gosh, impatient. I hop in the back and smile and hug Keaton quickly.

"You look beautiful!" Keaton smiles.. I blush and smile back, showing my colorful braces.

Only 2 more months until they will be off, I'm so excited.

Wesley takes a glance at me, then looks away when he saw that I was looking.. He started talking about football with Greg.

See, Wesley and Greg are the two mains on the football team. EVERYONE loves them and they are very popular.

Keaton and I are the awkward, adorable, weird kids that no one really notices at school... Yeah, we have friends, but we're not 'Popular'

Keaton and I talk about our last day, how we were just probably going to talk all day and do NOTHING! See, Keaton and I had all of our classes together.. pretty awesome to me.

"You wanna meet me at the beach after school today?" I hear Wesley asking Greg.

"Sure, Drew going to be there?" He asks. I was hoping for a yes because I am in LOVE with Drew.. No, not like that, as like a big brother type.