38. | non-explanations

audrey  | justin

01:43PM

+++

"Um, hey Justin... thank you for answering the call."

". . . I'll always answer your call Audrey no matter how shitty you treat me."

"I'm Audrey now huh, guess I might have hurt you a lot."

". . ."

"Okay I'm sorry. I can explain why I reacted that way. . . well, not exactly why I reacted that way because it would cause me to explain everything which is not the right time but I will say the reason why I--"

"-- You're rambling and I would normally find it cute, but I don't this time so just get to it please Audrey."

"Um okay, so . . .I got a call on Monday of someone telling me some very disturbing news that got me scared, freaked, angry and every other emotion except happiness. I got angry mostly so when you called me I tried not to let the anger seep through but it did so I ended up snapping at you which was totally unnecessary."

". . .Okay, and what was the disturbing news that got you so freaked?"

" I-I . . . can't tell you that."

"Why not?"

"I just can't."

"You know that you're not actually telling me anything right?"

"I . . . am, I'm telling why I freaked out--"

"--No you're not Audrey, you're not. All I'm hearing is some choppy information that mostly sound like an excuse to me, if you won't tell me what's really bothering you, then how can I help you? What good does me being your boyfriend do? Because now it feels like you're lowering me to the status of acquaintance, not even a friend Audrey, because a friend would get more information than I got, but an acquaintance, do you know how that makes me feel? Makes me feel like shit, because I told you stuff about me, stuff that only somebody close to me would know."

"I'm-- I'm sorry, but--"

"--But? Are you seriously not going to tell me what's really bothering you?"

"I'm sorry Justin."

". . . Yeah, you say that a lot."

"I'm sorry."

". . . Please stop saying that because it doesn't mean anything to me."

"Justin please."

". . .Call me when you're ready to actually talk about what's really going on with you. If you're not ready, please don't bother trying to call."

"Justin. . ."

"Bye Audrey."

"Justin wait!"

[c a l l e n d s]

┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┴┬┴┬┴┬

ɴᴇᴡ ᴇᴅɪᴛᴇᴅ ᴠᴇʀsɪᴏɴ

┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┴┬┴┬┴┬