49~

Marcrya's eyes were fixed on the small, silver hoop around her index finger. She sighed. "I've been staring at this for hours." "It's actually been forty-seven minutes." Thuhnder squawked. She sighed yet again. "If you want to see him, go back to him." Thuhnder squawked, annoyed by how down Marcrya seemed. "But, what if I delay my time too long? What if he doesn't want to see me anymore? What if-" "MARCRYA!" Thuhnderheart screeched. "You're always like this when you're nervous. Don't think of negativity. Think of positivity." Marcrya groaned. "Ok, how about I just find out if he wants or doesn't want to see me first." She said. "How are you going to do that?" Thuhnder asked. He whipped his head around when Marcrya wasn't seen anymore. He then let out a sigh. "That girl." He neighed. Marcrya was on a branch, watching Derrick laying on the vine bed. "Such an idiot, Derrick." He said to himself. She smiled then frowned when four guards approached Derrick. "We've been looking everywhere for you, general!" One exclaimed. "What now?" He asked, annoyed that they found him. "You must come back. It isn't safe here." "I led an attack on a lair of beasts. How could I possibly not defend myself?" Derrick questioned, ticked off that he was treated like a little boy. "Yes but-" the guard was cut off with Marcrya's landing. Derrick turned and smiled happily. "Marcy, you-" "Which lair?" She questioned. "What are you-" "Which lair of beasts did you attack?" She asked. "Well, the one in this forest. I believe a centaur was the leader and the mage was the hardest one, but we succeeded." He said. Marcrya's body trembled with anger. "Are you ok, Marcy?" Derrick asked with concern. She growled. "I don't need your concern!" Derrick climbed down. "What is wrong with you?" "That lair was my home and those beasts were my family! How could you humans be so heartless?!" She asked, tears spilling out her eyes. "How could your family be beasts? Those creatures are vile and are nothing but monsters!" He said. "Take that back." Marcrya muttered. "What?" "I said take that back!" She shouted, drawing her sword. The guards got in a fighting stance, but Derrick held up his hand and stopped them. "Marcy, listen to yourself. This is nonsense." He said. Marcrya's eyes glowed menacingly as the moon on her necklace glowed red. "My name is Marcrya. I am known as Little Beast. I was raised in the North Woodlands. My mother is Dewdrop, the mage of that forest. I am neither human nor beast. I am both human and beast. If you hurt my family, you will not be taken as a friend to me." She said, her words filled with venom and pain. Her hand grasped around the silver ring and pulled it off. "As of right now, this ring means nothing to me." She said, slamming it into the ground and breaking it. Derrick's eyes widen as he drew his own blade and charged at Marcrya. She dodged and kicked him to the ground. "I hate you." She said, pointing her blade at his chest.

Walk Amongst The Mythजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें