44~

After a few hours, the two partners have reached the next village. Well, near the next village. "Ok, well, we are probably going to stay away from the whole village and any villagers because we didn't do that last time and things turned out great, didn't it?" Marcrya said sarcastically. Thuhnder nodded, sitting next to a tree after she slid off. "Ok, so, I need to find someone rela-" Marcrya was cut off by a gasp. "Is that you? Wow, this is coincidence or what?" Marcrya turned and was greeted by the sight of Derrick. "Oh, why hello, Derrick. I take it that you followed me?" She asked. He shook his head. "No. I was heading to the next village. It just so happens to be the location you were headed as well!" He exclaimed. "Perfect." Marcrya muttered, silently rolling her eyes. "Hey, why don't we go in the village together?" He asked. Marcrya's eyes widened. Whyyyyyyyyyyy?! She whined in her mind. "S-sure." She stuttered, forcing a smile. "Great, come on!" Derrick called, grabbing her hand and dragging her into the village. He let go once they got in the villagers' sight. Marcrya gripped on her hood, avoiding all eye contact. Thuhnder was in touch with Marcrya's other hand. "We should really get him in a lasso or something." Derrick whispered to Marcrya. "The villagers don't favor a 'loose' beast walking around." Marcrya narrowed her eyes, completely against the idea of tying a rope or muzzle around Thuhnderheart. "W-where do I get one?" She reluctantly asked. "I'll get you one later." He responded. Derrick arrived at a hut. "This is my place." He said, opening the door and walking in. Marcrya followed with high caution. Thuhnder did as well. "Sorry it's dusty. I, uh, haven't been in here for a while." Derrick said. "What do you mean 'haven't been in here for a while'? Isn't this your home?" Marcrya asked. Derrick sighed. "It's my house, but not really a home. I don't like this place. It brings back too many memories of my past." He said. Marcrya remembered Dewdrop's wise words that relate to this situation. "Even if it pains you, abandon the source of bad memory. If you don't, it'll haunt you!" She shivered at the thought of abandoning the North Woodlands. It was a place that brought great joy to her. Family, friends, and a place to call home. Marcrya smiled at the memories. Gloom had no place to stay there. Well, it had no place to stay there. Now, it's just roaming around, coming through and out and around and about. Marcrya pushed the thought away and came back into reality. "So, um... I guess we can stay in here until we finish with our business." Derrick said, brushing dust away from an old bed. "I know it's not much, but you can sleep here. I'll sleep on the chair." He said, dusting an old, squeaky wooden chair with his hands. Marcrya sneezed. "I have a better idea." She said, rubbing her nose.