15~

"H-hi." Marcrya said. The atmosphere felt thick to Marcrya. "A human? On a griffin?" A dragon laughed and then all the rest erupted in laughter. Gildgreev didn't say anything nor did he show an expression. "Gildgreev?" Marcrya asked. Gildgreev blinked and looked at her. "This is the Southern Cliffs. Welcome, Marcrya." He said. Somehow, Marcrya can only feel warmth from one source. Gildgreev. Everything and everyone else is stone cold and dark. The light, Gildgreev, then seemed to have vanished. What's this feeling? Marcrya thought. Is this sadness? Anger? Or maybe... Without a second thought, Marcrya ran. She weaves her way to the edge of the mountain and crept towards Dolq's cave. She ran in and released all her tears. Dolq went over to her. "Marcrya? What's wrong?" She asked. "I-I...t-they..." Marcrya couldn't think of anything to say. Her mind was blank yet so very filled with thought at the same time. Dolq gently grabbed Marcrya with two of her claws and lifted Marcrya onto her palm. "Calm down. Shh. It's ok." Dolq soothed. Marcrya wiped her tears. "T-thank you, D-Dolq." She said. Dolq nodded. "Now, tell me what's wrong." "W-well, Gildgreev and I-I reached the m-main point of t-the South C-Cliff. I-I was in a-awe but e-every-everyone t-there s-stared at m-me a-and then th-they l-laughed u-us." Marcrya said, tears streaming down from her eyes. "O-one of them m-mocked me s-saying I w-was human w-with a g-griffin c-companion." She continued. Dolq exhaled through her nose. "Marcrya, I have a feeling you're not crying because they laughed at you." Marcrya looked up at Dolq. "N-no, I-I'm not." Marcrya sniffed and sat on Dolq's palm. "Then you're crying because...?" "Because of Gildgreev. I felt something when they were laughing and even before hand. I just noticed though. I felt warmth emit from Gildgreev. This time, his warmth turned cold, or rather, disappeared. Then, I started crying. Somehow, I felt that the light vanishing came from my connection with Gildgreev. I don't understand." Dolq stroked Marcrya's hair with one of her claw. "I think that Gildgreev is confused. He is being mocked because you were with him. His mind is fighting over whether to leave you or to push pass with you." Dolq said. Marcrya looked up at her again. "How do you know?" "I've been in a situation like him before. I wouldn't say it was more dire but it was a terrible feeling." "Can I help Gildgreev?" "You can always hug him and tell him not to listen to the other's mockery." Marcrya nodded. "Can you take me up there?" Dolq turned her head and looked down then turned towards Marcrya again. "Alright, but it must be quick." Marcrya smiled and nodded. Dolq got up and walked to the mouth of the cave and spread her huge wings. "Wow!" Marcrya exclaimed. "Hold on!" Dolq said, flapping her wings and soaring into the air.