17~

Marcrya tilted her head. "So, would you eat livestock?" She asked. Gildgreev gave a sigh. "No. Marcrya, griffins are creatures that feast on humans." He said. Marcrya gave a nod. "I see. Then let's go find one." She said. Gildgreev and Dolq looked like they just witnessed a tiny bug destroy a boulder with a weak tap. "Marcrya, you're not disturbed by this comment?" Gildgreev asked. Marcrya shook her head. "I was fed human flesh when I was two." She said. Dolq and Gildgreev's expression turned to shock. "So, you're what humans call a cannibal?" Dolq asked. Marcrya shook her head again. "Not really. I didn't live off of human flesh. I was fed by it once because nobody knew what meat we ate. Since some beasts saw humans eating meat, that's what they said I eat, except they didn't know what kind of meat. Beasts sometimes eat other beasts so they thought some humans ate other humans. Their thought changed when I regurgitated the human flesh out and cried." Marcrya explained. "Even unto this day, I've lived off of berries and herbs and the such." Dolq and Gildgreev nodded in understanding. "So, anyways, let's go find some food for Gildgreev." Marcrya said, getting up. "Oh. Dolq, you can stay since you have hatchlings." Dolq nodded. Marcrya got on Gildgreev's back and they went off. "So, do you just wait until the humans wander towards where you live and you strike?" Marcrya asked. "Well, basically." Gildgreev responded. "I do hunt or scavenge for them at times." Marcrya gave a nod. "There's one." Marcrya said, pointing. "A huntsman." Gildgreev said, hovering over him without alerting him. "How do you attack him?" Marcrya asked. "Aerial dive and scoop. I just dive and attack then take him away to my nest." Gildgreev said. Gildgreev flew a little higher and then tucked in his wings, causing him to dive down from a perfect angle towards the huntsman. Before the huntsman can fully turn his attention towards Gildgreev, he spread his wings and attacked the huntsman with a clean kill. "That was smooth, Gildgreev." Marcrya said. Gildgreev gripped onto the huntsman and flew back towards Dolq's cave. "Dolq. We're back." Marcrya said, sliding down from Gildgreev and walking inside. Gildgreev grabbed the huntsman with his beak and walked in. Dolq sat next to the nest beside the sleeping hatchlings. She was humming a lullaby. Marcrya sat down, not wanting to disturb her or the hatchlings. Gildgreev stood near the mouth of the cave, eating his food. "Well, now that we're fed, let's leave the hatchlings to sleep." Dolq whispered. Marcrya nodded, walking out with her. "Where are we going to go?" Marcrya asked. "Back to the main point of the Southern Cliffs. I'll introduce you to the others properly." Dolq said, walking out. Marcrya climbed onto Gildgreev. "What's going on?" He asked. "Dolq is going to introduce us to the others properly." Marcrya answered. Gildgreev gave an almost reluctant nod, walking out the cave and following Dolq as she took to the skies.