(For LouiseLarcher5) #4 with Swazz

It had been over a year since I had seen John Swift. I definitely hadn't expected to see him at the club where I worked. I was a waitress. My co worker pointed me toward another table. I was exhausted because I was working a 12 hour shift. "What can I get you?" I asked. I rubbed some sweat off my forehead and looked up.

"Hey," Swazz, my ex said. All of his friends stared at me. Nate grinned and I could smell the weed on them. I took their order and walked off. All through the night Swazz kept trying to talk to me.

We broke up because we just drifted apart. Swazz was really into partying and at the time I just wanted to get through college. He started ignoring me sometimes. I would talk to him one day and then I might hear from him a week and a half later. It wasn't a good relationship. I broke things off with him, packed up, transferred colleges, and left. I hadn't heard from him until then.

"Hey, wait," Swazz yelled from behind me. I passed by a making out couple and started toward my car. Swazz's footsteps slowed down behind me so that he wouldn't run into me. "I need to tell you something," Swazz turned me around.

"What?" I groaned.

"I still love you," he said.

"Okay," I said slowly. His eyebrows furrowed. "Okay? That's all you have to say to me?"

"What do you want me to say John? That I still love you too? That I want to get back together? At one time I would've agreed but I'm not sure that I can right now," I said.

"What if we work on it? Nate and I live across town," Swazz suggested.

"Friends first," I agreed quietly.

"I just need you to know that I still love you."

"I do know. I might still love you too."