Chapter Five - The weekend

Friday and Saturday were pretty much like any other normal day, nothing really exciting happened. I was waiting for Joseph and Nazurah to come over. While I was waiting I went to Aunt Gizelle to talk to her.

I went to her room and saw that she was reading the Dolly magazine with her hair wrapped up in her towel. From what I could see, she had just come out of the shower.

"Hey.", I said to her as I walked in.

"Wassup my sugar!" She replied acting gangster.

"Nothing much yano, just waiting for Joe and Nazurah. Where's Patrick?"

"They haven't come yet? What time did you tell them to come? Oh he's gone out to get you guys Krispy Kreme Doughnuts."

"Umm usual time around 1 or something. Oh and oh my god my favourite plain glazed ones?"

"Well its only 1:06pm they'll be here soon and yes exactly those ones."

I laughed and said, "I think they both are a little nervous about coming today. Joe's going to ask Nazurah out."

"Ahh finally he decided to do it!"

"Yes I know!" The doorbell rang and I scooted to get it.

I opened the door and it was Joseph. He had his hair looking like he had just run his hand through it,  wearing a light purple shirt with words written across the right side of the chest, black skinny jeans and Chucks. I pulled him in, closed the door and started walking towards my room.

"Finally you're here! You know how long I've been waiting?" I said over exaggerating as I continued walking.

"7 minutes?" he laughed and followed.

"Ha ha very funny."

"Is she here yet?" He asked whispering. As if on cue the doorbell rang.

"I guess she is now." I winked at him and went to get it.

I opened the door and let her in. "Perfect timing. Joseph just came."

There was a little blush in her cheeks but she didn't say anything. I got her hand and dragged her into my room where Joseph was already sitting. As we entered Joseph looked up from whoever he was texting, smiled and said "Hello" to Nazurah. She said "Hey" back.

Aunt Gizelle entered the room and I silently thanked god, I didnt want it to get awkward.

"I'm not disturbing you guys am I?" She asked smiling. Her hair was out now. It was still a little wet but it fell down perfectly in waves just like it always did. The light brown streaks in her hair over the top of her natural brown hair were shining and looked really smooth. I had always envied her hair and never really liked my own. Since it was so thick and wavy, I could never really find a proper hair style to do. Mine was long and brown. In my words simple and boring. My hair was one of my biggest insecurities.

"Hey sexy!" Joseph yelled from behind Nazurah and I, he got up and went to give her a huge hug and kiss on the cheek. Joseph and Aunt Gizelle always got along great. They were like best buddies but Aunt Gizelle was the type of person that got along with everyone -another thing I loved about her.

After that she walked up to Nazurah and whispered in her ear; "I know your little secret." and winked at her and walked out yelling, "Patrick will be here soon! Be prepared for a snack."

I laughed and said, "Okay we'll eat first and then talk business." as if we were opening up our own company.

We all headed to the kitchen and Patrick came in with the Krispy Kreme Doughnuts. Ever since I had tasted Krispy Kreme Doughnuts, the only doughnuts that I have ever preferred to eat were the plain glazed ones. They were my favourite.