Behind Enemy Lines.

I wasn't really planning on updating,(i have tests),but thanks for reading and the votes,Zeze95F,Fantasy Ghostwriter and Sai4444. I appreciate and take everyone seriously.....,so here's your suprise update.

RYAN'S POV

Everyone is disoriented, the cops didn't expect this and half of them are down.

Vance was just pretending to be meek and peaceful. He had no intentions of giving up.
All this time Vance had everything planned out. He had men hidden in the trees and he was just bluffing. I should have known Vance couldn't make things this easy.

Right now,we were hiding behind a rock.Thank God that as soon as the gunshots began,Vic ran and grabbed Reign. In that confusion and gun exchange,Vance seemed to have forgotten about our son. Vic was holding Reign and i told them to stay behind me. Reign seemed to be gearing up for a panic attack. I had a feeling that he was going to scream and we would be discovered. So i tapped Vic and said,
"Talk to him,he might calm down if you do,he seems ready to yell"
Vic turns to Reign and quietly says,
"Baby,can i tell you something?"
He nods his head,
"Last time you were asking me about your other daddy not so?" Vic asks.
I can't believe Vic is doing this,it makes me so happy. I want our son to know that  i am his father and i want to take care of him and spoil him. That's why we have to make it out of here alive.

"Yes,who is my other dad?" He asks eargerly and its obvious that he is excited.
"Your dad is right here with you,Ryan is your dad,baby" Vic says
"Yesss,dad this is great,now i will have two daddies,so  is that why my hair and eyes resemble his?"he asks
"Yes" Vic says
He smiles so widely and hugs me around the neck. I am overwhelmed with happiness and i hug him back and hold him close.

I peep around and the sight isn't pretty. Fuck,it looks like a warzone. That bastard Vance hired actual mercenaries who had machine guns,what sort of craziness is this? and they were  still in a heated  fire exchange with the police, but its obvious the ammunition of the cops was slowly dwindling down and if back-up doesnt come soon,we are doomed.

"Whats the situation out there?" Vic asks
"Not good at all,if back up doesn't show........"i reply
"Papa?"Reign says and touches me
"Me",i ask suprised
"Yes,you're my daddy too,so i'll call you papa" he says

Tears come to my eyes,my son actually accepted me,Vic just looks at me and smiles.
"Papa,are we going to die?" Reign asks
"No way,i won't allow it,i won't let anything happen to you or Vic,i promise" i tell my son
"Okay,papa" my little son says

Ten minutes,later,the place is suddenly quiet,this only means one thing,all the cops are down.
Vic looks at me panicked,and holds Reign tighter to himself.

Suddenly,there is a shadow above us,and then he says,
"Well,isn't this cute,the little perfect family reunited,even after i did everything to separate you people,well today your love story ends,no happily ever after for you"

"Stop all this Vance,what's the need for all this?" I say
"You made this necessary Ryan,i've always loved you but you never even looked at me once,not even once,just because of this Vic" he says
"I didn't realise anything,i swear,i thought we were just bestfriends,and you always dated girls" i reply
"Bestfriends?? I made sure to scare away your former boyfriends but still you didn't notice me,then Vic comes along and you forget about me! All you ever talked about was Vic!!!!!,i wasn't straight,i am bisexual" He replies harshly
"I am sorry if i hurt you indirectly,but it never occured to me that you were bi,you never showed interest in men, but please don't bring Vic and my son into this,please,let them go" i plead
He laughs and says,
"Let them go! Yet its their fault that i can't have you! I never showed any interest because the only one i wanted was you,you were supposed to marry me and i should have been the one raising kids with you!

"Why didn't you say anything?" I asked
"Because you are my best friend,you should have figured it out on your on!"he replies.

I look at him in shock at a loss for words. How was i supposed to know my supposedly straight acting friend was bi if he didn't say anything and i was to figure it out on my own! What a stupid theory!"

"Am going to end this,if i get rid of them now i know it will hurt you but eventually, you will realise that am the only one meant for you"

"Vance,please don't hurt my baby" Vic says tears in his eyes,
Reign is hiding in his chest.

"Shut-up,this is all your fault!" He says.
There is a wicked gleam in his eyes,he cocks the gun and points it at Vic's head. Vic looks  up at him panicked and scared but he tries to shield Reign. Vance gets ready to shoot my husband.........

Everything slows down, as i see everything happening before my very eyes. In shock, i jump for Vic and Reign, ready to do anything to save them.

But suddenly,two gun shots ring out simultaneously, i can't believe what is happening, one second  he is there perfectly fine and the next boom!!

Everything happened so fast,  there is blood everywhere and  then he falls down,bleeding so much,i doubt he will make it!!!

I rush to them with tears in my eyes,my family.

Votes and comments are welcome,please,and try "He's Mine",its the first story i've ever written,that's why its really special,its ongoing.