6 hours later

"Chris, honey. We need to call the Police. Hunter's been missing for at least 6 hours. He was angry, he was reckless, and he doesn't know this place well. It's dangerous, and if you had any compassion or concern towards your son, then you would call for help."

Mom pushed the phone towards Chris but he just flipped her off.

After Hunter had screamed what he really felt, me and Chris had just kept absolutley silent. It was as if Hunter than realized what he had just said, regretted it and as a result, ran off into the darkness. Chris had been too frozen to move and I was too scared.

But now I was even more scared because...Hunter could be hurt.

I didn't want that.

Mom became wide eyed at Chris. "You're not phoning for help?! You're the boys Father and-"

Chris shot up. "Do not say that I am the boy's Father."

"What?"

"The only Fatherly figure he's ever had tried to kill him. I'm starting to realize that maybe he doesn't want another one."

"But sweetheart, you're not exactly going to put a gun to his head, are you?"

Chris sighed. "He doesn't understand, love. He's confused. I just...think it's better if we try to understand it from Hunter's point of view. Now, I guarrantee that Hunter will turn up in an hour or so. When he comes back, I'll make sure he's ok and then we'll move on. We'll put him into therapy whether he likes it or not, and try to help him proffesionally for once. Understand?"

Mom nodded. "Yes."

Chris looked at me. "Kat? You understand?"

I just nodded, desperatley wanting to know if Hunter was ok.

If he wasn't, I wasn't sure what I'd do.

45 Minutes Later

Mom had gone to bed, Chris was half asleep on the sofa and I was pacing frantically around the room like I had been doing for 20 minutes non stop. I just wanted to pick up the phone and dial for the Police. I was literally about to...when the door swung open.

Chris stirred but didn't wake fully.

"Hunter?" I whispered, walking towards the door. "Hunter, is that you?"

His body emerged from behind the door and he stumbled forwards, slamming it shut. He brought himself up from the stumble, and then tripped forwards a bit more.

His black hair was ruffled, his eyes a little bloodshot and his walk...

Drunk?

"You're drunk?" I demanded.

Hunter stood up straight and laughed edgily. "Nooo...."

"Walk in a straight line then." I ordered.

Hunter sighed. "Fiyyyanne."

And then he walked 4 steps forward in the most unstraight line that i had ever seen in my entire life. He actually tripped over his own feet on the last step, stumbled forwards and fell down onto his side. Pathetically.

I couldn't help but laugh a little.

"Chris? Hunter's back!"

Immediatley, Chris shot up from his half sleep on the couch and then darted over to where I stood and Hunter crouched. He looked at Hunter for a few seconds and then back to me.