What Ever Happened To Holding Me Close And Never Letting Go?

Prologue

 ~Oliver~

Today marks eight years I would've known an amazing beautiful girl.

Beautiful is an underestimate. But she was though. I love her laugh, her smile, her beautiful dark brown hair and the nose ring. The tattoos that cover her body, her skinny pale fragile body. I can listen to her talk all day in her adorably Sheffield accent.

Sweet, sweet Meedie. And I threw it all away.

I placed the necklace inside the box and squeezed it tight.

She's ignored my calls, texts, random visits. She still lives in the same flat we shared years ago. My stuff is still in the same spot it was when I left.

I broke up with Meedie five years ago during the procces of writing Suicide Season. I visited her in 2010 after releasing There Is A Hell, but she slammed the door in my face. Now today would have been eight years since we first met.

Why did I break up with her? Because-

"Hey mate you coming?" Vegan knocked me out of my thoughts. I nodded and tucked the box into my pocket along with the lyrics of a song I wrote about her. We just came back from Warped and were home. I had to finish some buisness at Drop Dead, but I wanted to give this gift to her first. We drove the thirty minutes to her flat in silence. All I could think about was seeing her face again.

The necklace is the cover of our album. I connect the whole album to her.

We arrived at her flat and my nerves kicked in. I took a deep breath before walking up to the door. I took the box out of my pocket and set it on the doormat, along with the lyrics. I knocked on the door before walking away. I walked right past the car and down the street.

I tend to walk away when I don't want people to see this side of me. I should be happy. I mean, I have Hannah. But Hannah isn't Meedie. She never will be.

And I hate myself for that.