Chapter 7

Edith Pov
The next morning at breakfast Thomas told Lucille that he'd take me along to the post office. He probably doesn't want to leave me alone with her after what happend yesterday. She made an unhappy face before returning to unreadable one. Now that I knew what she was able to do without regret I started to fear taht face. So I was more then happy when Thomas said it would be time to leave.
I enjoyed being at the post office it was nice having some people around myself. Thomas was really proud of his machine parts and I just smiled at him. I loved the way his eyes sparkle when he's working. When it was time for us to leave we were told that the storm outside would make it impossible for us to do so. But the post office Luckily had a small guest rook for cases like that. I felt such happiness to spend a night away form that spooky house that I couldn't stop smiling even through I noticed Thomas looking a little worried.
We got ready for bed. "It's so nice here!" I started. "It's a bit small but at least it's warm." Thomas said as I laid my head onto his lap immediately he stared run his hands through it. "You know we could really do it. Running away I mean. We could just never go back there!" He looked thoughtful for a moment before smiling. He leaning down to kiss me passionately.
The next morning I was happier then ever. I walked into the house with a huge smile in my face. Something smelled slightly burned so I walked into the kitchen where I found a pot with scrambled eggs in it. I carefully took it off the heat and placed it on the table. Just then a very angry Lucille walked through the door. "Where wer you the whole night?" She asked. "Cause of the storm we had to stay at the post office!" I answered quickly. She made an even more scary face. "Do you know how worried I was. You two alone...In the storm." That 'in the storm'- part didn't quite convinced me. "I don't understand what your problem is. Thomas is my husband!", my voice sounded weak just like I was about to cry. "What do you have there?" she asked trying to act normal. "Just the papers form my layer..." I said quietly and excused myself saying that I wasn't feeling well and went up to mine and Thomas room.

Thomas PoV
I noticed that Edith hid herself in our room and I wanted nothing more than to go and conform her, but if I did that Lucille would have gotten suspicious so I stayed in my working room instead.
"We finally need to make her sign these damn papers she starts to get on my nerves." Lucille suddenly said behind me making me jump. "You scared me!" I said out of instinct. "What's with you those last days? You've been avoiding me never coming to bed with me. Did you forget that we're in this together?", she gave me a sad look.
"Of course not. I've just been busy with the machine..."
"Then why don't you stop working for tonight? We could celebrate that it's gonna be over soon." she sounded like she wanted to seduce me but I've been playing her game long enough.
"No I'm gonna sleep with my wife tonight..." I said deciding that tomorrow would be the day that Edith and I were going to leave. She made an angry face and ran out of the room I hurried after her.
She ran straight into our room where Edith was sitting on the bed and grabbed her by the hair. "Lucille stop!" I said taking a step clothes towards her but she pulled Edith hair harder causing her to make a pained face. So I stoped. "Please don't do this!"
"Why would I? You're choosing that bitch over me!" she dragged Edith out if the room into the hallway where the staircase where located. "You'll see what you're going to get form trying to steel him from me." I could hear her yell as I ran after her. Just when I reached her she pushed Edith over the edge of railing. "Edith!" I yelled running down the stairs to see if she was hurt. "Please be okay..." I whispered to myself eben through I knew she'd never take such a fall without any damage. I reached her and checked if she was still breathing. Luckily she was. But I didn't know what to do I wasn't a doctor and Lucille wouldn't let me call for one. But just then there was knocking on the door.

(Sorry for not updating so long..This fic or writing in general is really hard for me rn...and sorry if this chapter sucks)