When Tomorrow Comes

Start from the beginning

--------------------

Nyssa couldn't shake the strange feeling that was making her restless. From the night before, she couldn't even sleep or meditate. She would pace back and forth, stand in a corner and stare at nothing, then pace again. Her thoughts were scattered everywhere. She thought of the past, the what ifs, the could have beens, then it all centers around one person, her beloved, Sara.

"Will you stop? You're driving me crazy."

Nyssa's restlessness was starting to worry Nate. It was not like her to be that way. She's always so composed and controlled. He knew exactly where her mind could be. Only Sara could ever make her go out of character. Only she could make Nyssa feel all sorts of feelings that none thought she is capable of.

All their thoughts halted when there was a clatter of steel, which meant someone had entered.

There were no words to describe nor explain what Nyssa was feeling when she saw who was the person to visit them. Her heart cried out for her.

"Hi."

Nyssa can't believe that the beautiful and sweet smiling woman standing before her was the same one that came out of the pit. Her Sara. Could it really be her?

"Impossible. When I saw you last..."

"I know." Sara knew what was going on once she was revived, but it was as if she was a prisoner in her own body. She sees and feels everything, but has no control of herself. But she's back, not completely better, but she's herself again.

"A miracle. When I thought there were none left to be had."

They were both overwhelmed by the profound raw emotion that moment brought to them. It was like standing in front of the person you love for the first time after professing to them, and it being reciprocated, but ten times greater.

"I needed to see you."

It was something they both needed. In that moment, nothing else mattered. Everything else faded in the background. No more worries, no more pain. There, being able to stand so close to each other, being able to hold one another, it was all they needed to make everything feel better once more.

"Look. I don't know how, but I'm gonna get you out of here."

"This isn't your fight anymore, Ta-er al-Sahfer."

"I'm not gonna let you rot here. Not when you're in here because of me."

"I'm in here because of my choices, beloved. I made them ready to accept my punishment."

"I won't leave you in here."

Nyssa knew Sara was only being stubborn. She knew she feels responsible, but she doesn't have to be. She's been given a new life. She wants far better things for her than being sucked back into the life of the League. She deserves better.

"If you love me, you will. If you love me, you will leave this place far behind, and live a life unburdened by your past."

"It's easier said than done."

"Anything worth doing always is."

They held each other in a tight embrace, wanting to hold on forever. They poured every ounce of love they have to each other in that simple gesture. They both knew that it may not be the last, but they might not see each other for a long time again. And a lot could happen even in a short amount of time.

Nate couldn't help but feel the guilt grow as he watched the beautiful exchange of love in front of him. He took that away from them. He got in the way of that. Those thoughts kept drilling in his mind.