Chapter 36/Attack Run

A/N Oops our bad.  A small snafu on our part ( we are such idiots ). Please please enjoy this true and correct version of  the chapter.  Thanks to everyone who pointed out the error.  Super hugs for you. RK+Reb

It was an hour after the meeting at Rockwood Hall. I had finished my training in machine time and we had made a plan. I slipped my collar back on and I walked out and approached a freeway which was a dense stream of fast moving vehicles. A large truck carrying blood was approaching. I stepped out into the road before it and held my hand out palm up. At first the truck began to run its horn. It was four containers long and couldn't stop if it wanted to. If I was exactly on this point in 5 seconds then I would suffer the same fate as a windscreen nat. I wanted it, It was the optimal vehicle for my plan. The truck kept blasting and my collar issued a warning. The collar  reminded me of the third law - slaves had to maintain their existence unless it was surpassed by the other laws. That connection was all I needed. I reached into the truck and began slowing it down. The encryption was hard and I had to compute many ecliptics to break in. I put the truck brakes hard on, it was going to be very close. There was a squeal of breaks. It wasn't going to fully stop, but I didn't want it to stop.

I dropped into machine time mode and stepped aside like a bull fighter. The autonomous truck passed to my left with only inches to spare. I turned and grabbed a handle at the side. I slowly reached over and closed my hand and felt the truck began to pull. I knew the limits of my physical strength and the physics of what would happen next. I could also feel the carbon fibre in my bones and muscles stretch almost to breaking. If I was fully human this would rip my arm off. I was swung up like a pendulum and went up in the air on the side of the truck. I let go at precisely the right moment and the slip stream swept me on top of the truck. I landed and got a grip. Running back into real time looked out and waved needlessly to Rockwood in the tall sculpture of Rockwood hall.

"My Hitchhiking may never be the same again" I said to no one. 

Sitting down I took control of the sat nav of the truck. Soon the truck and I were shooting back to the arena. I looked out and saw one of the drones following the cross-legged slave on the roof of the truck. I reached out and threw the drone took over the controls and threw it against a building.

"Naughty," said a message from Rockwood. "We are measured by how we treat lesser intelligences"

"It was a security risk" I texted back.

"You could have blinded it." Rockwood responded.

I knew he was right, but this parenting by telepathy wasn't doing much for me. I knew what he meant.. Zola and the others had been corrupted by the power they had. Rockwood to, he wanted me to lead a different life, if I could. Power corrupts, absolute cyborg power corrupted absolutely. 

***

Soon the truck pulled into a slave accessible area near the arena. Rockwood had already hacked it to suggest it was there to deliver blood to the kimjodo fans. I dropped off the truck while it slowed for a turn and rolled out of sight.

I slipped into a service gate and emerged in a slave area only to be met by a hunter killer. Something with a blood chip was much smarter than a dumb autonomous truck. I looked at it I could feel the many possibilities around me. I knew there was a space for a reboot pin in it' stomach. I knew exactly how to get there. I could blind it, create a machine hallucination, but for now something simpler.

"What are you doing slave?" said the robot.

'We are measured by how we treat lesser intelligences' I thought.

"I was sent for blood for my master" I said. While I did I was able to reach into its mind. I altered the attendance list. I Created a fictitious owner which registered a permission.