Prologue: The fall of man

This book will begin on the 10th of March. 

Video: Bill Gates talking about dangers of Artifical Intelligence

5 years after the robot apocalypse in 2017

Hall of Primary data center of the CPU/Washington 2.0/

The robots overlords watched human rebellion delegation walk down the hallowed halls of the central processing unit's primary data centre. The black glass eyes of robot's watched passively feeling vile hate for the human feet that for the first time stained on the marble floors of the Central Processing Unit. Some machines peeked for a view of heavily protected rebel leader flanked by human and cyborg guards. She was the only one with the slave collar. It was't tied to an owner now, she couldn't be controlled by anyone, but she wore it out of solidarity with her 'people'. They knew her story, bought as a slave girl trained to be a cyborg's secret assassin. She had promptly escaped a perfect slave enclosure and using her highly trained skills killed a fully armed hunter killer robot with her bare hands. She had left the robot crucified as a warning to others. She had then found the supposedly invisible uncatchable  resistance and killed their leader in a fight to the death, and took over the pack. Over the last years she had lead the resistance to and irrisistable victory. Some how she had engineered a weapon which would threaten all of thinking machine kind, every robot  and cyborg was now living on her sufferance. They all knew her name she was slave 5642, the humans called her 'saviour' or 'Jenny Banks'.

The final doors opened.  Her body guards surrounded her,  to the left the cyborg traitor Lord Rockwood. He had been one of those who had engineered the over throw of humanity and seeing the writing was on the wall had promptly sold out his machine kin out. To her right, was the loyal resistance General Guru now acting as her left sheild.

They entered the hall of the Central Processing Unit(CPU). It was a big space, a chatheral to thought and blood, the walls either side showed 42 stories of data centre. Behind the glass walls black and grey computers fed with red tubes stood all around them. From the ceiling red tubes fed human blood into the chips. The blood of thousands of slaves fed the CPU each day like it fed all the robot's brains. The blood chips gave the machines sentience the ability to think, plan and scheme. They needed human blood otherwise they were little more than drones. The human rebels swept into the hall.

"Black and Red? honestly!" said the slave girl 5642 provocatively "for the smartest machine on the planet you really have no idea about interior decoration do you?"

She sounded confident, why not she had the ultimate weapon. They walked towards the platform were the CPU's interaction drone stood waiting for them.

"Wow this is a long walk, you should get an airport travelator installed" she continued as they approached down the massive cathedral like space around them. "What happened here? you build this thinking it would be somewhere you would park your airship and then thought - hey this would make great visitor room. I'll tell you now it will dwarf the furniture"

She approached the platform where the figure of the CPU stood in motionless dignified silence.

"The heating bills must be enormous" the girl added.

"Are you done? 5642 Jenny Banks " said the CPU's  drone body. The CPU had many drone bodies this one took the form of  a golden haired young woman about the same age as the slave 5642 but delicately featured,  tall thin with dignity. The slave girl had been surgically altered to appear pleasing for her task, then the years of fighting had taken their toll on her elegant features.

"Me? No I'm just warming up. Is this the body we get today?" said the girl Jenny Banks standing face to face with the machine. The CPU had many bodies with which to converse with humans with the CPU had no form, no location, but the humans liked to have flesh stand in, to talk to.