Chapter Eight

||-Andy's POV-||

I wake up in my own comfortable bed, being that I was released early this morning. I leave my warm blankets and head downstairs. I find myself alone with a small piece of paper by the kitchen sink.

Sorry sweetie, was called to come in early I won't be home til ten, money is on the counter!!
love you xoxo
Mom :)

I sighed, looking at the time. Seeing that I slept through half the afternoon. Well I'm happy to be back on schedule. I returned to my thoughts about last night, remembering how awful I had been. Maybe mom was right, and I do need to just apologize.

I decided that would be best and grab my phone and begin walking the long three blocks to Ashley's home.

Once I reach his home, I notice the lights off. I ignore it and travel to the door. I knock, waiting to see his beautiful face. No response. I knock again, a bit louder and harder. Still, no response. I decide that maybe he was still sleeping, and let myself in.

I journey inside calling for him, "Ash! I really need to talk to you."

No response. I look around, making my way up the stairs and searching for him. He wasn't there. I head back downstairs, looking in every room. Still not there. I head into the kitchen looking for a phone, or something. I luckily find a sticky note on his refrigerator reading:

Party at Jocelyn's don't forget be there @ 7:00

I immediately panic (! At The Disco), feeling 100% worried about Ashley. Jocelyn? Jocelyn as in his ex-girlfriend? Jocelyn as in the one down the street? I rush out of the house, making my way (down town) to her house as quick as I possibly can.

I trail my way towards the flashing lights, loud music, and too drunk to function teenagers. Yup. I found it. I push passed plenty of people, while they basically swallow each other's faces. When I find the door, I push it open, heading inside.

Damn, this place is giant.

I see the multiple rooms and the glass sliding doors toward the outdoor pool. There was too many people to count, and endless rooms. I decide to search the downstairs first.

I look in almost every corner of the household, not finding Ashley anywhere.

Once I've double-checked I finally declare that he is not on the first floor. I trudged my way up to the next floor. I reach the top, seeing doors upon doors.

"Yikes," I murmur to myself. I open every door, hoping not to see anything that I don't want to see.

I finish one wall of three doors, and go onto the next wall. I get to the last door, and twist the knob, opening it to see my favorite face.

"Ashley, I'm-," I stop my long apology, seeing him slouched on the floor, few bottles surrounding him, and a tear stained face.

"Shit," I said.

"Andy?" he perked up, "Hey what are you-u doin' here?"

"I'm here to talk to you," I start, "Most importantly, bring you home."

"Nah I'm p-perfect right here," he slurred.

He sat up, "Can I talk to you?"

I sadly smiled, "Yeah, of course."

"Okay good. I dunno know what to d-do Andy. I miss y-you and I-I uh, I don't....and life is not okay anymore....I just don't want to," he said slurs leaving his mouth.

"W-Wait. Lemme restart. I don't really want to be here anymore. I-I haven't been happy in a while. And I-I usually make jokes ab-about how I wanna kill myself. But can I tell you a secret?" he muttered

"Yeah...uh yeah," I unsurely said.

He leaned close to my ear, "...it's not a joke anymore."