Theme Park :: 3 - Smile

The lights went out and it became pitch black once again. I was wondering if there was a dome covering the whole theme park because not a single source of light came to sight. I bit my lower lip with resentment but soon enough, let go of the feeling. It is what it is.

I was just going to stand there at the booth and not move an inch but a stinging pain as if a whole bucket of hot boiling water had come in touch with my right arm made me stomp my feet endlessly. Cursing, I had my right hand rounded up into a knuckle with the week-old nails bearing into my skin.

Soon enough, it faded away and I didn't feel any traces of pain. Poof, I wasn't left with any itchiness. Slowly, I pulled up the sleeve and there was that logo again. I sighed and before I could say anything, Kai's screaming came in like a loud bang in my head.

"Well hello stupid, you really didn't learn any manners, did you? Entirely great, you can clearly hear my thoughts but didn't bother to at least say hello before ruining my brain cells?" I said out loud as I massaged my head roughly.

"I just forgot your stamp as proof you enjoyed the session," he replied nonchalantly as if the pain of getting it under my skin wasn't something torturing.

"At the very goddamn least, give me a heads up before sending a tsunami of pain," I closed my eyes and stood still, hearing the loud rapid beating of my heart.

"It won't be fun without that exhilarating element of surprise, would it?" he proceeded to laugh.

Yeah, my pain is your joy. I finally understand your motto is then.

"Good girl. Now go, I've wasted too much of your time already. He would probably burn my food for making him wait," as soon as he was done, a gush of very, very cold wind made me slowly walk sideways to the left.

Turning myself to walk properly towards where the wind was navigating me, I took small steps, worrying if I were to bump into anything and hurt myself. I honestly don't want to add in physical scars above the mental scars I've had gotten — and I strongly believe those mental scars are just going to get worse. Like it's only been 2 attractions and I'm already at my last string of rationality.

"So deep in thought, just like what they told me. Tsk tsk, you should have watched where you're heading, sweetheart," a voice spoke with amusement right after I bumped into what seems to be a concrete pillar.

Shit, why the hell would there be a concrete pillar here?

"Are you even serious?" he asked, laughing wholeheartedly.

"You just bumped into me," he said and I felt a pair of hands sliding down from my shoulders to my fingertips. "And, name's Tao and not concrete pillar, sweetheart."

I held my hand out and the concrete pillar was gone. Nothing's in front of me. Out of nowhere, light came into sight and looking between my fingers, I made out where the light came from.

A small booth with a faded sign, Photo Booth.

The curtain slowly pulled aside and revealed the small interior and the light from inside shone brightly enough to make out the figure holding the curtain and gesturing me to step inside. Sighing, I made my way inside and sat down.

"So, how many photos do you want? For you, it's special. You can have any amount of pictures," he told as soon as he stepped inside and leaned against the wall next to the screen while looking straight at me.

"None, I seriously don't want any souvenirs from any of you guys. Let the theme park stamps tattooed on my hand be enough," I dismissed his offer as I looked at my arm.