She's Back

I'm already late, but who cares? I'm one of the presidents of this company, and I also one of those who hold the biggest share.

"Ma'am, we're already 2 hours late" my secretary informs me as we stride down the hall.

I turn around and retorted.

"I know how to read time, Celine. And remember everything I'll say, 'Once done, you won't be able to change it'..." I began but paused for a moment.

"Now, is there anything we can change right now? So we won't come late?"

Bending her head, she roughly shook her head. "No Ma'am"

There's nothing about in there that is worth my promptness. In fact, I'm too tired to attend this meeting from my flight yesterday.

We stride again down the hall and the tinted glass doors automatically opens. Everyone stood right away as they saw me.

Everyone except for someone.

Mr. Black Landon

He holds the biggest shares and it's equal to mine. Business partners if that's what you call it.

He pays no attention to me, not even turning his head up to see me.

My stiletto makes a sweet clicking sound as I traipsed to the aisle seat, across to Black's.

I occupy my seat and took the black folder which Celine - my secretary, handed me.

I scanned the papers before putting it away from me. "Another hotel?" I asked. They are proposing to build another branch of our hotel.

Is this only they can propose? A new branch of hotel? I stood up from my seat and pacing back and forth.

"We already have hundreds of branches of our hotel. Is it not enough? We already have hotels for travellers, Malls for everyone, and Resorts for tourists! Propose something new, something interesting not only for us but for everyone." I said, using my business tone and my disappointed look.

I waited for minutes to hear some suggestion, at least one suggestion but nothing came.

Everyone stayed quiet. I look where Black is seated and saw him checking me out. When his eyes met mine, I cleared my throat.

"Seems no one has any suggestion, this meeting is adjourned" I finally said. I am silently pissed because I've wasted minutes of my time and my saliva.

"Why are you so eager to end this meeting, Ms. King? Why don't you ask me if I have one?" Black interferes as the others were about to leave.

He smiles slyly as he looks at me. His smile sends shiver down to my spine.

Behave!

Now, I have a clearer view of his face. Despite of the look on his face, there's this je ne sais quoi on him that makes him more appealing than the last time I saw him.

"You're right, Mr. Landon. It was rude of me to not to ask for your opinion. May I hear it now?" I answered, fighting the urge to mock him.

"Well, it's nicer if we'll talk it privately." He suggested before instructing others to leave the room.

I gave him a curt nod, leaning on the table behind me.

Crossing my arms, I checked the time in my wrist watch, "I really don't have much time today, Black. I have to deal with some more important matters than this" I reminded him, emphasizing the word 'important'.

He strolled and stop in front of me, crossing his arms and raised a brow before checking me out again.

I almost rolled my eyes.

"You changed a lot. Is that the aftermath of what happened?" He asked, leaning closer to me, I laughed humorlessly. I walked away from him, roaming around the room.

This room changed a lot for the past 4 years I had gone. I could still remember how this room looked like.

"You never changed, Black. You never did. Why? Do you think I still love you like the way I did? It's funny if you still do. Come to think of it, you weren't there on my side for the past 4 years and Men... there were lots of men came in my life." I said before turning my head to him again.

"Now... we supposed to talk about our business and not our personal life, but you just wasted it with nonsense," I began again. "I need to go now" I finished, picking up my bag.

"How sure you are? When you can't even look into my eyes" He replied as he holds my arm.

Snapping my head to him and looking into his eyes, I could feel heated fluid in my eyes and my throat began to sore.

"Let go" I successfully said before taking my arm back and leave him there, alone.

Author's Note:

Another book of mine. This book includes fictional details such as; characters, places, names, and etc.

Jayde