Chapter 4 (Just revised)

Camille

I pulled up into the driveway like I was instructed, turned off my car, opened the door and got out, reaching back in I grabbed my bag and shut the door.  Before I reached the porch the front door swung open and I was greeted by a friendly, older man who introduced himself as Francis; he explained that he took care of Mrs. Giossi's needs.  He was her driver, answered the door, more like a personal assistant if you will. 

 "I'm glad to meet you, Francis.  I'm Camille Devereaux" I said smiling. 

 "It's nice to make your acquaintance, Ms. Camille" Francis replied, leading me inside the huge hallway.  "Mrs. Valentina is very excited to me you" he told me.  "She's right this way" he said as we walked towards a big, beautiful kitchen.  A very gorgeous looking Italian woman made her way towards me, her very white and perfect teeth encased in perfect lips, turned up in a genuine smile. 

 "Darling" she said coming to me.  "I'm so happy that you could make time for me" she gushed.  "I'm Valentina Giossi."  Time to impress.  (Conversation in fluent Italian) 

 "Mrs. Giossi, I am so glad to meet you" I said holding out my hand.  She took it in her's and shook it. 

 "My dear your Italian is impeccable.  Where did you learn to speak it?" she asked.  I told her about my time in Italy and France, where I'd gone to school, etc.  We continued talking when someone cleared their throat interrupting us.

Mrs. Giossi and I both turned in the direction of the noise and there I found the most beautiful, gorgeous, sexy looking man standing there with a smirk on his face.  He was well over six feet tall, so of course I felt immediately intimidated by his sheer size, he had dark black hair, like Valentina, chiseled features and the same eyes as Valentina. 

 The covering of his expensive suit couldn't hide the fact that there was the body of a god underneath it and he had an intoxicating scent. 

 "Dominic, darling" Valentina gushed.

  "Good morning, mom" the man replied kissing her cheek.

 "Darling I want you to meet Camille Devereaux. Camille this is my son, Dominic. Camille is catering my ladies brunch next week and she graciously came to visit so we could iron out the details" his mother explained.  

I stuck out my hand towards him and said "It's a pleasure to meet you, Mr. Giossi."  

He grinned at me and said  "Dominic, please.  And the pleasure is all mine" he kissed the top of my hand making me blush.

"Ms. Devereaux, do you mind if I borrow my mother for just a moment?" he asked politely. 

"Not at all" I responded, my phone ringing. "I'll just take this call and be back with you shortly" I said walking forward a little.  I watched them walk off as I answered my phone.  "Bonjour, Pierre" I answered in French.  It was my mentor and friend from Le Cordon Bleu, in Paris, calling.  I was excited to talk with him.  He was asking me how things were going, how was business, etc.  We talked about baking, family, different techniques and then he asked me when I thought I might come back to Paris to visit. 

 "Pierre, I don't know really.  We are so busy now, our business is really thriving and doing well.  I promise I will think about it, okay?  Listen, I'm meeting with a client so I need to go but I will call you soon.  I will and love you too.  Bye" I said hanging up with him.  I walked over to the large picture window, just stared and got lost in my thoughts.

I heard Valentina and her son returning so I got my head back to business mode, put on that award winning smile and just stood there when her son spoke first. 

 "Ladies" he said to us. "I must take my leave for now. Mom, we're still on for lunch?" he asked his mom. She nodded and kissed his cheek before turning to walk off with me. As we were walking away I looked back quickly over my shoulder and let a small smile spread across my face at him, blushed and turned around again.  

Valentina was a chatty thing but I didn't hold it against her; I imagined that sometimes even she could get lonely and just needed someone to talk to. 

 "This is the room, my dear" she said opening two large French doors with a flourish. 

 "Oh, Valentina" I said breathlessly.  "This room is gorgeous" I said excitedly and went on to show her where I would place the tables, where the serving tables should go, arrangements for the table, everything.  By the time I was through with my presentation she was as excited about this as I was.

"So just to go over my notes one more time" I said to her.  "You have 120 ladies that will be attending, my tables will accommodate 8 ladies per table so I will need 15 rounds; I will have a total of 10 different pastries as a selection for your guests plus 4 different teas and 4 types of coffee.  I will provide the linens, silverware, chairs, tables and serving staff.  Your start time is eleven-thirty so my staff and I will need to arrive at ten, if that's convenient for you" I finished looking at her.

  "My dear, it is your day, so you come when you need to be here.  Francis will be at your disposal if you should need anything and I do believe" she said gently putting her arm in mine as she walked me to the door "That my little soiree will be the talk of the town because of you."  I flashed my teeth at her. 

 "I do appreciate the opportunity that you are providing for me.  Now, you have my card, if you have any concerns or questions, about anything, my cell number is on that card.  Please call me, anytime" I reminded her.  I slid into my car and sighed.  It was almost twelve now but it was time well spent.  This little gig was going to prosper us by ten grand!  I started my car and called Cassie on my way back.