Epilogue (Just revised)

(Third Person POV)

As predicted by Dr. Marianni, Camille was eight weeks pregnant when they first found out and now with just days away from giving birth she reflected back on the past months and how quickly they'd flown by.  Dom was already the doting husband, making sure she didn't lift anything, that she got plenty of rest, that she wasn't working too many hours or standing too long on her feet; he was going to make an excellent father!  

They had definitely wanted to know what they were having and of course he would never admit that he wanted a boy first and well he was going to get his boy!  They were going to name him Antonio Valentine Giossi; Cam's father's first name and Dom's middle name.  

Dom had been worrying about her going up and down stairs while being pregnant so he bought them a house close to where his mom lives, a single floor plan, 5600 square feet, no stairs and no pool.  They kept their other house just because it has the pool and they could still have family get-togethers and parties and when the baby was old enough to swim they could use the pool. 

Camille was getting extremely uncomfortable, couldn't sleep and when she did sleep, she sat up.  She was ready for the little monster to make his debut.  Dominic kept insisting that she was the most gorgeous pregnant woman that he'd ever seen; he was well rewarded for that comment!

Camille had decided to take a bath, they always seemed to relax her, and these days she was so miserable, because of her small frame, she felt like she was carrying a twenty pound kid around in her belly.  Dr. Goldberg assured her and Dominic that the baby would probably weigh no more than seven pounds and warned that she may have an issue with a vaginal birth due to the small size of the birth canal.  

He told them no to worry that the stand-by plan would be a C-section and that would be less stress on her and the baby.  She had laid her head back against the tub, hoping the water would take some of the pressure off her back when Dom came in looking sexy as sin; her libido had shot way up since she'd gotten pregnant and sometimes he had to tell her no!  

"How's my girl doing today?" he asked sympathetically.  

"It depends" she joked.  

"On what?" he asked.  

"Whether you are getting in this tub with me or not" she said smiling up at him.  He was already taking off his tie, kicking off his shoes and then the belt and soon he was standing gloriously naked in front of her.  

"Oh yeah" she said licking her lips.  "Come to mama" she said suggestively.  

"Why Mrs. Giossi, I'm beginning to think that you only want me for my body" he pouted.  She grabbed his length and started working her hand up and down, his whole demeanor changing now; his arousal apparent on the tip as Camille continued working him up.  

"Someone's enjoying my hand" she said looking up into his pained face.  "The question is do you want me to continue with my hand, use my mouth or are you going to get in this tub and show me how we made this baby?" she asked impatiently.  

He opted for the tub, took her on her knees and had her screaming his name several times while almost flooding the bathroom.  When they had gotten out and dried off they collapsed on the bed, laughing.  "Damn woman" he said kissing her belly.  "I thought you had a fantastic sex drive before.  There's only one choice that's clear here, you are going to stay pregnant!" he tried to act serious but she guessed the look on her face made him lose his composure.

After fixing a light meal of grilled chicken salad, with purple onion, feta cheese, Kalamata olives, and balsamic and vinegar dressing, they sat down on the couch to watch some TV; Dominic and rolled onto his side facing Camille so he could talk to her belly, this was their routine but this time the baby was kicking something fierce.  She gasped at the last kick.  

"Oh God!" she moaned.  "That little guy is killing me" she said out of breath.  "Dom, I need to go pee, honey.  Your son is using my bladder for a football" she said sounding miserable.  She made it as far as the kitchen when Dom heard her yell out "Merda!"  He was up and off the couch in seconds only to find Camille standing there, grabbing on to the kitchen counter and a puddle of water at her feet.  She was trying to practice her breathing but it was obvious something was going on.  "Call Dr. Goldberg" she gasped out.  "Something's not right!"  Dominic called 911 first and then Dr. Goldberg on the way.

They arrived at the emergency room within minutes but it felt like hours with the amount of pain she was in.  The contractions were coming hard and fast; she would no sooner get through one and here another one would come.  Dr. Goldberg was waiting on them when the ambulance arrived, they whisked Camille up to Labor and Delivery with Dom running behind them, terrified at what was going on.  

He called his mom, then Beni and Dante.  Beni said he would call everyone else.  The doctor came and got Dominic and had him get gowned, gloved and masked up and then led him in to where Camille was laying, monitors strapped to her swollen belly.  

"Jesus!" she cried as the monitor registered another contraction.  Goldberg was feeling around on her stomach, trying to get a sense of what was going on when the monitors started crashing and making all kinds of beeping noises.  

"Camille, I need you to listen to me, sweetheart" Goldberg said.  "The baby is wanting to come out but you aren't big enough and it's causing him distress and you distress.  We need to do a C-section.  Remember we had already talked about this" he said calmly, but was worried enough for all of them.  

"Where's Dom?  I need Dom" she said crying.  

"I'm here baby.  We need to do what the doctor says, Camille.  Okay?" he said.  She nodded and the whole place went crazy, whisking her out and up to the OR where the anesthesiologist was waiting for them.  

"Camille, I'm Dr. Warner.  I am going to give you a shot that will put you out, just for a little bit so we can welcome your son, okay?" he said.  She just nodded and as soon as he put the needle into the IV and pushed the plunger she started to feel like she was floating and what seemed like only a little bit of time had gone by she was wakened by her baby boy crying.  

"Where is he?" she asked still drowsy from the drugs.  She watched Dom walk towards her, his eyes full of tears, and bending down he showed her a pudgy pink-faced adorable baby boy. 

"He's here, baby.  You did so good!  Our son is so beautiful!  Just like you!" he cried kissing her on the forehead.  Antonio Valentine Giossi came screaming into the world on March 24th at 4:23pm and he weighed 8 lbs, 5 oz and was 22 inches long.  

And after getting Camille resting comfortably in her room, and all the normal tests they do on newborns out of the way, she got to hold her son and breast feed him.  He took to her nipple like a duck to water!  She still was in awe of this tiny creature, that her and Dom had made, part of him, part of her; she felt so blessed.  Once she was done with the feeding all the family members came crowding into the room; all crying and gurgling about how precious he was and what a good job she'd done, etc.  

She had received a phone call from her dad saying he was on his way and that he loved her.  They hadn't told him the baby's name yet as they wanted to do it with him here.  The thing that got her heart the most was watching her husband, as big a man as he was, being reduced to tears by a tiny little bundle.  

"Telling you I love you seems like not enough" he said sniffing.  "But God do I love you, Camille and mi famiglia."  

She smiled up at him, through her tears, and said "It's enough, Dom.  It always was."

You guys have just been the absolute best!  Thank you for following, reading, voting and commenting on Dominic!  I had an incredible time writing this and I looked forward, everyday, reading your comments!  Thank you, grazie, gracias and danka!